Not losing weight for 2 months - need advice

Options
Hey,

I've been eating 500kcal under my daily BMR for the past 3 months, and usually I will lose 1-2 lb per month. However, for the past two months I don't seem to be losing any weight? Do you have any suggestions on how I could overcome this weightloss plateau? Thanks so much!

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Not knowing more details, i can only say what works for me.

I have not really lost weight either this past couple months, like you.. but i realized that i was eating out - even "healthy" foods, well i have been pretty much staying the same.

then i started to cook food at home, and now the weight went down 1 pound this morning.

What also helped me was drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day and also weighing and measuring carefully. eyeballing food fools you.

so try those ideas and see if it makes a difference.

also i think that perhaps we need to eat more vegetables and fruit in our diet,, which is filling and is better than like a Weight Waterchers diet tv dinner.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help...I'm in the same boat at the moment. But, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, and I know eventually its going to come off.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Try looking up your TDEE (lots of calculators online to choose from) and eat between your BMR and TDEE. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but a lot of us have found that we can't lose if we cut our calories by too much.