Starting over!

Options
Hey everyone!

I have always been pretty quiet on this site, but I think I'm ready to come out of my shell. I lost about 30 pounds for my wedding last month, and so far I have only gained about 4 back. However, I haven't worked out in 2 months...that's right TWO! and I'm finding it hard to cut down to 1200-1500 calories again after 2 weeks in paradise. I have decided I am going to start up on MFP again, try to make some new friends, and gain some much needed motivation. My goal is to loose another 25-30 at a healthy and manageable rate. Who's with me?!!

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the recent nuptials and for breaking your silent streak. :o) It's always good to open up and share with the community. There is a lot of encouragement out there for everyone!

Cheers!

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • rfehrs
    Options
    Hi there!!

I am a mommy of a 2 year old who keeps me on my toes! I last 26 lbs from February to March and kept it off for only 2 months. My hubby and I recently moved from Henderson, NV to Seattle, WA and during our transition I gained all of the weight back! I need to lose a total of 60 lbs to be at my goal weight!

I would love to do this with you =)

2180647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Let's do it, rfehrs! If we did it once we can do it again, right?
  • rfehrs
    Options
    Yes mam! Dedication is the key and you have to want it bad enough and I do!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your marriage!! :flowerforyou:

You can do this and I'm glad you have come out of your shell!...I'm getting married in a year and would love to chat to someone about the craziness that wedding planning brings with it :flowerforyou:

You're allowed to gain weight during your honeymoon...and you will lose it as easily as you did before! Welcome back to this site :flowerforyou:

xxxx

Oooooh, :drinker: I'm with you :drinker:
  • bree1609
    Options
    I'm with you. I set my IGW at 28 lbs lost. So far I'm just at 9, but it's getting there. Ultimately I'd like to lost a total of 40 lbs. Some days I feel like it will never happen. I need all the motivation I can get.
  • rfehrs
    Options
    Congrats on your marriage!! :flowerforyou:

You can do this and I'm glad you have come out of your shell!...I'm getting married in a year and would love to chat to someone about the craziness that wedding planning brings with it :flowerforyou:

You're allowed to gain weight during your honeymoon...and you will lose it as easily as you did before! Welcome back to this site :flowerforyou:

xxxx

Hi there!

I am a wedding planner if you need any help, ideas, tips! I know it get's very stressful!

Best of luck on your weight loss!
    Oooooh, :drinker: I'm with you :drinker:
  • rfehrs
    Options
    Hi there!

I am a wedding planner if you need any help, ideas, tips! I know it get's very stressful!

Best of luck on your weight loss!
  • bsoxluvr
    Options
    This is too funny! Ms. Natalie, I am also a Natalie, and rfehrs, I'm also an events coordinator! Used to do weddings but now I do corporate events. Can someone say small world??
  • bsoxluvr
    Options
    Bree I went through the same thing around the 10 pound mark. Stick with it and it will be worth it. I promise it will come off...in large numbers at times!
  • rfehrs
    Options
    Very much a small world =)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    hahaha! A very small world! It takes time...but time flies!!! :flowerforyou:

Where is everyone from? I'm from the UK??

Just started wedding planning but have already found "the dress"

The weight comes off in different stages doesn't it? You just have to recognise those phases and work with them...

You'll be there in no time :flowerforyou:
  • starstealing
    Options
    welcome, and congrats on your marriage! be wary of the "i love my husband" weight. it's good you're attacking this head on early rather than later. i gained like 15 lbs in a year (went from 135 to 150) because i ate whatever my husband ate. we both eat extremely healthy; my problem was portion control.

you'll do great and find just the support you need. glad you came out of your shell! being active here is the best way to succeed, i think!
  • bsoxluvr
    Options
    I'm from San Francisco California!