30 Lbs Lost! Struggled for Years. Now It's A Lifestyle.

Options
rleath
rleath Posts: 35 Member
I've been a yo-yo for years. It's been 4 years since I've been below 210 lbs. I never did a diet or exercise plan for more than a month because I was always disheartened and frustrated.

Beginning of May was the start of my journey. With the support of my friends and family I have been going strong for a little over 4 months and it's now become my lifestyle. I now run 5Ks and I'm training for a 10K right now and hopefully working my way up to a Half Marathon by next year!

I've lost 30 lbs so far and I have another 30 or so to lose. I'm taking it one meal at a time, one workout at a time, and just making good choices. I've also learned that healthy food doesn't have to be boring! (I'm a hardcore foodie and now I've become quite the at home cook!)

It's always a struggle to start something new. I had to realize it's not just about being smaller for me, it's about being strong and healthy!

(below is the before and after picture from May 2013 - August 2013)

2jc7fbk.jpg

Instagram: @retrorunnergirl
Blog: http://retrorunnergirl.wordpress.com/

Replies

• swisseler
    swisseler Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so healthy and happy.

I too am a big foodie and home cook. One of the things I love about MFP is that I can still cook fun things and not feel guilty about eating them, so long as they fit into my daily calorie allotment. It's great to find a new healthy lifestyle that still fits in with what you want in life. WAY TO GO!
  • Lifegetsfatat50
    Options
    wow
  • kshanika
    kshanika Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats your doing well on your journey!
  • ecismotivated
    ecismotivated Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you've changed your lifestyle! I'm just starting out - I have been on MFP for probably a year but this is my first week of seriously trying to change my lifestyle. You mentioned that in the past you would get frustrated and give up, what made you keep going this time? How quickly did you start seeing change?
  • kdmervin
    kdmervin Posts: 42
    Options
    Great job, I can definitely see the difference. Keep up the good work!
  • millionairesstv
    millionairesstv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job , a true inspirationxx
  • rleath
    rleath Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you've changed your lifestyle! I'm just starting out - I have been on MFP for probably a year but this is my first week of seriously trying to change my lifestyle. You mentioned that in the past you would get frustrated and give up, what made you keep going this time? How quickly did you start seeing change?

I have a little nephew that just turned 2 and he's talking and you know kids say the darndest things, I didn't want to give him a chance to have me be the fat aunt. Also, I turn 30 next year and I was making all these excuses as to why I couldn't do it and this was just the body I was supposed to have. Which is definitely not true!

It took me a while to personally see the change. But friends and family noticed it within the first couple weeks!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well done!!

Billy-D_Approves.gif
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • iluvutu
    iluvutu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You go girl!!
  • ELVISDEAN
    Options
    looking good hotstuff:)
  • classictoaster
    Options
    You are AWESOME! Great going!
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Bravo!
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow! big difference! you look wonderful and so healthy! Great job!

I think the biggest thing I've learned from being on MFP and from reading the forums/blogs is that any success takes time and patience. There is no quick fix or magic pill. Just eat well, be consistent, and health will soon follow.

I've cut out a lot of processed foods since I've started and I feel great - I don't even crave them anymore. Now I really only want non-processed whole foods. I feel less tired and just better overall.

Thank you for your post! I have a long way to go but am taking it one pound at a time - thank you for the motivation. Congrats on the success!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! And you're right; it's a lifestyle change.
  • hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great!!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am not a foodie but I admire those that are. You guys are artists! Great job with the weight loss. 30 lbs is amazing!
  • hunterpie
    hunterpie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    awesome! great job!!
  • stahlhaus
    stahlhaus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Sounds like a real attitude shift. I envy people who have taken up running; I have tried many times but either I don't know how to do it correctly or need to get stronger first. But I've found lots of other activities that DO agree with me.

So happy for you. Keep us posted on how the 10K goes! :happy:
  • Danette73
    Options
    Awesome job.. you look wonderful!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!