P90X, Round 2 Results

Options
Well, I started my P90X journey at the beginning of the year. I'm 32 years old, and 5'5" tall. At the beginning of Round 1, I was 178 pounds.

BEFORE_zps4a427aea.jpg

I made it through Round 1, and followed the diet plan. At the end of Round 1, I was 161 pounds.

ROUND1_zps92ee75ac.jpg

I just completed Round 2 this morning. Of course, there has been an off week here, and there, a few days vacation, etc., and I did incorporate cheat meals once a week, but I stuck to the diet about 90% of the time. My goal at the end of Round 2 was 150 pounds, and I currently weigh 148.

ABS_zpse9abb67c.jpg

FLEXING_zpsaa00b728.jpg

BLACK_zps7f5515ff.jpg

P90X has been a great introduction to fitness. It really has changed my life for the better. I'm thinking of a P90X/Insanity Hybrid for my next challenge.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Woah, great results! This definitely inspires me to do another round.
  • cgeorge5555
    cgeorge5555 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job and fantastic results from your second round. I think you'll really like mixing it up with the P90X/Insanity Hybrid program. I found it to be a better combination over the cardio routines in P90X.
  • ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job! Also, your determination gives me hope.
  • marybess79
    Options
    You are a big motivation for everyone!!! do you drink protein shakes or just follow the diet plan?
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options
    U look great I wanna do the p90X now
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great results! Congrats!
  • kaioken92
    Options
    You are a big motivation for everyone!!! do you drink protein shakes or just follow the diet plan?

Thanks very much! I drink one whey protein shake and eat one protein bar daily (both purchased at my local WalMart). The rest of the diet is composed of what I mixed and matched from the P90X portion plan.

My first round I ate the recommended 2400 calories. My second round I cut it back to between 2200 and 2300.
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, great results very inspiring :-) I'm really looking forward now to seeing my results at the end of Insanity, it's stories like this that motivate me every day to keep doing what I am :)

Thanks for sharing!!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great results!!!
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    wow those are great results.. good for you :)
  • RandyD2012
    RandyD2012 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!! I did 2 rounds of P90x also. I did one last year and did one this year. Good job for doing it all summer long. I started both of mine in Feb. Plan on doing it again next year. Keep up the good work!!!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    wow! looking good :)
  • 14uqueen
    14uqueen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • kaioken92
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the kind words.
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up :D
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look great - I'm going to have to show your results to my hubby, you and he are of similar build, though he was about 15 lbs heavier at the start. He is in week 3 of P90X. He has not followed the diet plan religiously, but has scaled back his calories. He is down a few pounds but has become discouraged that the scale isn't moving quickly enough. Hopefully your results will reinspire him. Keep up the great work!
  • kaioken92
    Options
    You look great - I'm going to have to show your results to my hubby, you and he are of similar build, though he was about 15 lbs heavier at the start. He is in week 3 of P90X. He has not followed the diet plan religiously, but has scaled back his calories. He is down a few pounds but has become discouraged that the scale isn't moving quickly enough. Hopefully your results will reinspire him. Keep up the great work!

Thanks very much. It's great that he's cutting back on the calories. To maximize results, though, diet is pretty essential. Heck, I even feel a bit guilty because I didn't give up boozing totally. I'm not by any means a nutrition guru, but I know one thing for sure: Abs are made in the kitchen.

Please let your husband know I said "best of luck"!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    omg! wow!!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have p90x on my computer,but I have been too...well,honestly,lazy to do it. Definitely need to get back into it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!