Women's issue. Feel free to read guys but I've warned you!

Options
I'm not sure if I should post weekly weigh in this Sunday as it is that time of the month. Thoughts?

Replies

• sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would, it's what you weigh pms or not and it's not going to effect what your next weigh in is.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I would say skip it. Weigh in after all THAT is said and done.
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I personally don't even step on a scale that week. It's just going to upset me anyway so I stay away :laugh:
  • anna_conkers
    anna_conkers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, but I don't worry if I haven't lost anything! I actually find that it doesn't affect my weight much, though.
  • Blanche43girls4
    Blanche43girls4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is indirectly related to the above comment but has been on my mind. Does any of you ladies suffer from cravings at certain times of the month? If so, how do you handle this without sabotaging your efforts. I find it extremely difficult to stay away from salty and sweet foods during this time. Suggestions? Thanks.:smile:
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    EWWWH:noway:
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    EWWWH:noway:

:laugh:
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This is indirectly related to the above comment but has been on my mind. Does any of you ladies suffer from cravings at certain times of the month? If so, how do you handle this without sabotaging your efforts. I find it extremely difficult to stay away from salty and sweet foods during this time. Suggestions? Thanks.:smile:

Yes I do. I have very strong sugar cravings. I make sure I have no processed sugar in the cupboards and a full jar of peanut butter and lots of of my favorite fruit. I don't mind going over my calories for a few days, as long as I stay away from processed foods. For the salty cravings, try freshly popped corn with some sea salt.
  • benefiting
    Options

I have yogurt with fruit on it for desert. You could try that to satisfy your sweet tooth. I had some chocolate biscuits tonight but I decided to burn them off afterwards. It's all about eating a healthy diet and exercising but that doesn't mean you can't have a little something else. :)
  • benefiting
    Options

Yes I do. I have very strong sugar cravings. I make sure I have no processed sugar in the cupboards and a full jar of peanut butter and lots of of my favorite fruit. I don't mind going over my calories for a few days, as long as I stay away from processed foods. For the salty cravings, try freshly popped corn with some sea salt.

I need to get some pop corn. Yum.
  • dancinfree
    dancinfree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh in even if it is cycle time and just notate it on my log. And for me I crave salt. In my pantry I keep dried beef, which has more sodium than any person should ever consume, but it is my favorite. I take a slice and put low fat cream cheese in the middle and create a roll up. I use only a few slices and it gets me through the 3 days of cravings.
  • sg992
    sg992 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I weigh but I don't log if my weight hasn't changed. It's awesome to see the number jump down when you next weigh yourself after TOM!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Weigh first and then decide. :P

Not every woman sees a gain then.

Re: cravings, I see no reason not to indulge in salt while fitting it into your calories... you don't get a permanent gain from sodium, unlike the gain you might see if you ate a whole tray of chocolate chip cookies.
  • agressre
    agressre Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have salt cravings. I have found that I can satisfy them with Salt and Pepper Pistachios. I get good nutrients and fewer calories then the side of fries or bag of potato chips.
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

For the salt I go with a 100cal bag of popcorn sprinkled with some seasoning salt. For sweet I have discovered and LOVE Canfield's diet fudge soda. I'm not sure where you stand on the diet soda fence, but this stuff satisfies my chocolate craving better than any other "diet food" I've found. If you're a protein shake drinker 1-2 tablespoons of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder helps and only runs 10 calories per tablespoon.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if I should weigh myself during my period, but I wanted to see if it effected my weight and luckily this month it hasn't, I actually lost 2lbs. I've been very lucky too, I haven't had any cravings, but Mother Nature pays me back in other ways (cramps and mood swings)
  • chandana421
    chandana421 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i would check only to know how much extra i weigh, but i wouldn't take it seriously !! but skip it tough
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh every week, but if I know a gain is water weight or hormonal I don't add it to the ticker. I just make a note of it and move on.