DO YOU MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF?

Options
DO YOU MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF? If no take that extra time today to just make that time for yourself. it could be quiet time, that time you workout, a time to just read a book, whatever it is.... do that today! we all get so busy with this life, and sometime we forget about ourselves, but if we don't take care of ourselves physically and mentally, how are we supposed to take care of the people around us? Making just those small changes in your daily routine WILL take effort but after awhile it will become a habit . I have the same routine every morning. i get up, get the kids ready for school, have breakfast, drop my kids off and then i sit down, drink my coffee, listen to my music, thank God for this day and I reflect, refocus and reenergized. Its my ME time. Its a time i need for myself, and i have found if i do make time for myself everyday, I am a much more focused, positive, grateful and just happy person to conquer my day! feel free to add me:)

Replies

• asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do, I read before bed, or crochet etc. I drag the boys with me to the track when I need to and tell them that this is my time. They can play in the middle, or do whatever they want within eye range, but not to bug me during my running me time. I remind them of how often I do stuff for them, that this is time for me and that I deserve it too.
    They somewhat understand at 7& 8
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Time?
    For myself?

hahahahahaha, can't even remember the last time that happened.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    yup. every morning in the shower.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Thank god for that!
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Always.

flick-the-bean-o.gif
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Yes, most of the time it is at the gym or the golf course.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Yup - Most evenings I get time to myself.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am really trying to make time for myself. It's difficult to do some days because I am home with my mentally handicapped son, but I manage at least a little time most days.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm pretty selfish and damned proud of it :glasses: I'm all for take the best care of yourself because it's the only way you can take the best care of your loved ones (and look good doing it).
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My work out time is my time to regain my sanity and melt off all the stresses of the day. Between work and school, I need it!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    That'll never happen. haha
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

Or with the vibrator when the man isn't around to handle bznsss.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'll probably catch some grief for this...

but yes...every night I wind down by spending a few minutes on my own & smoking a clove cigarette
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Even though I find the term "me time" as ridiculous as this gif me-time-small.jpg

when I looked it up I found the following image too, so apparently I do it all the time?

me-time-pic-e1311114590325.jpg
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqa417wHgC1rk9avto1_5001.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Always.

flick-the-bean-o.gif

Me too, but less bean, more frank
  • andyb000