Need help to stay on track!! :)

Options
I am gundlach04, and need some support to stay on track. I am 37 years old and my weight has gone up and down over the past few years after the loss of my husband. I am now a widow with 4 beautiful daughters and a granddaughter and want to live a healthier lifestyle but need motivation! I have recently quit smoking after smoking on and off for 20+ years!! Now is the time to get healthy but working from home makes it difficult when sitting in front of a computer all day long:/ Need some friends and support to work towards my goal of losing 45 pounds!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm sorry for your loss. I've sent you a friends request.
  • gundlach04
    Options
    Thank you syren527 !! :)
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! See? Your already showing you can be a success. As a person who quit smoking as well, I know how much fun that is not. I also have a goal of 40 some odd pounds, we can do it!
  • Cpulley84
    Cpulley84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with the Army Guard. Fitness and health is priority. Sounds like you have a lot of motivation. My profile has a before/after pic; I was out of shape and just had a strong desire to get fit and toned. I've come along way. My motivation REALLY started when I began to see results. SO the first time you start to see results, your motivation will really increase. Just find a fitness plan that works for you and stick to it. One of my favorite workouts is the old fashion crunch. These are underated as many people get caught up in the "ab machines", etc that have 30 minute commercials. Just stick to the basics. Hope this helps.

Chris
  • gundlach04
    Options
    Thanks Drillfoot!! I honestly did not believe that I could quit smoking, but everything is a mindset! I have to keep the positive mindset !! Yes we can do it!!!
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are well on your way to a healthier lifestyle; feel free to add for support and motivation:bigsmile:
  • gundlach04
    Options
    Chris, thanks for the encouragement!! Great job on your success!!!
  • althom67
    althom67 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am working on the quitting smoking thing too. I have quit on and off over the years but now is the time to finally make the changes I need to make, including that. Way to go on quitting! Wish me luck. My quit date is this weekend. I have a 40 lb weight goal as well. You can do it! I can do it! I am brand new here but will offer any support I can. Could use some myself. :smile:
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss.... i agree it's hard to quit smoking. i did it years ago as well. so good for you there. i also have 4 kids. 3 girls 1 boy. :) sending friend request. have a great day
  • Maryelca_2013
    Options
    Sending you friend request. I just turned 39 and am struggling with my weight. I was on MFP for a while but my friends who sore up and down they would do it with me never really did :( and then I would fall off as well. Kudos on the quitting smoking.
  • griseldaCA68
    griseldaCA68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you and Al on quitting for good, I quit cold turkey 3 yrs. ago and you are right it is a mindset. You do sound good and positive, and that is what is all about. Being upset, angry and negative is such a waste of energy. I sent you and invite, I am 45 yrs. and finally made the conscious decision that this time it will stick, I don't have time to waste and yo-yo anymore. Best wishes to all.
  • justifit
    justifit Posts: 26
    Options
    Quitting smoking is a great start! You are a strong lady and I wish you the best on your journey.
  • massgal3
    Options
    I sit in front of a computer all day, get some but not a lot of excercise, and have still managed to lose 11 lbs in 10 weeks(and I'm 54).
    It CAN be done, and this is coming from someone who never thought I would be able to lose weight again. When I first started with MFP I was skeptical, but became very motivated after seeing the first couple of pounds come off. It's tough getting started, but once you see that you can have success it becomes very motivating. And don't worry about how long it takes. The slower you lose the weight, the more you get accustomed to eating differently and the easier it is to keep it off. You can do it!
  • Cpulley84
    Cpulley84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks, same to you!
  • katymambros
    katymambros Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katy, new to the program, but am very happy to meet you. I send my condolences for the loss of your husband. Congrats on the grand child, and on quitting smoking. I know what you mean about being home all day, I had a back injury that's kept me out of work for almost a year. I'm here for you if you want a friend that can keep you accountable. Blessings to your walk to a new you!