Did you get serious?

Options
13»

Replies

• 56pickupsticks
    Options
    After recovering from a heart attack, kidney failure, and cancer, I continued to self-destructively gain weight. Go figure. I finally got serious when I saw online the damage obesity does just eleven days ago. I lost seven pounds as of today because I am six feet tall, make a point to do some sort of exercise each day beyond the daily yoga I learned in cancer recovery, and stopped after-midnight snacking. And yes, I am both confessing and bragging ;)
  • cheriibomb
    Options
    For years after my son i have been trying to get rid of all the weight. Stuck with the gym for nearly a year but wasnt seeing any results and I was doing the whole 2-2.5 hours at the gym and really working hard. I even got a trainer for 6 months but still nothing. I could never get over my little hump of weight. Now recently i have been doing really good. I did a marathon and just 2 weeks ago i was watching a show "extreme weight loss" i'm not sure what it was about that show but I figured hey I can do this and I will do this so far since starting the day I saw that tv show ive lost nearly 4lbs, Took some before pics and just recently took some more just to see if i could see anything and i was amazed with what i saw. Now if that isnt motivating i dont know what is:) I am very proud of myself and the choices I have made so far.
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Got serious about exercise when a co-worker went on and on that she couldn't believe my wedding picture was me.

Got serious about eating when after losing 20 pounds after getting serious about exercise, I had a fully body assessment with pictures. After 2 intense years of very strenuous workouts/running, I was strong with great endurance, but I still had a huge amount of body fat and "looked" soft & pudgy. Kept remembering my trainers and instructors over and over again telling me it's 80% food, and I finally listened.