What is that fitbit thing?

Options
Hi all,

What is the fitbit thing? I hear a lot of people say they use it. I checked the website but I would like to know what you guys think of it.

Is it Worth it?

Let me know!

JJ

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump. Good question. Do you have to wear it all the time?
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I wear it all the time except when showering or swimming. It keeps me motivated and moving. I think it is worth the investment.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip...I wear it all the time until bed. Love it!
  • table19
    table19 Posts: 8
    Options
    I recently purchased the Zip and love it. I think they're great for determining your true activity level.. Day two of wearing mine I realized I was much less active than I thought so I find it very motivating and it keeps me moving to avoid the negative calorie adjustment at the end of the day :)
  • julyjulie50
    julyjulie50 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I see on the fitbit (not timbit haha) different model, I confuse which one to use.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Timbit... Oh, nom,nom,nom. Western new yorker? Canadian? There are so many food destinations in Buffalo. Tim Horton's is always on the must list. Maybe this is part of my problem?
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of obsessed with mine. I had an Ultra, which cracked, and Fitbit kindly replaced for free it with the new One model, which is my BFF.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use a Flex and it keeps me motivated. I want my goal. So in the midst of a busy day it is a reminder to get up from desk and walk a bit. It keeps me more active.
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    There are so many different styles so you can basically get what fits your needs. I compared it to a 1/2 hour calorie count of aerobics on MFP and there was only 3 calorie difference. I was impressed.
  • caseypaige84
    caseypaige84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wear my fitbit flex 24-7. It really helps keep me motivated to stay active and hit my goals.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and love it!!!!! :love:
  • Terisel888
    Terisel888 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit Flex (bracelet). I have only had it 5 days now. It tracks how many steps/distance traveled through out the day. It monitors my sleep and how restful/festless of a night I had. It also tracks calorie intake and burn. Although, I am still making sure it is set right and learning about it, I love it.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I wear a Fitbit One and really enjoy it. I have sleeping problems, so like to see how many hours I slept the night before.
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Caution! Wearing a Fitbit can make you have to face reality regarding your activity level - or lack thereof - LOL! I got one for Mother's Day, wore it for two months religiously, lost it and was amazed at how addicted I was to watching the steps add up! Fitbit kindly replaced it at no charge and now I'm back in the saddle and loving it again. Mine is the Zip model.
  • MoeggenborgSugarBush
    Options
    I have a FitBit One and I love it. It syncs with My Fitness Pal and updates my calorie needs and expenditure throughout the day. I wear mine 24/7 except when in the shower.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one
  • Pipenny
    Pipenny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Ultra, and now have the Flex.... I LOVE IT!! It really does help keep me motiviated to hit my goals everyday. I wear it all the time, except if I go swimming, including showers and bed. It is basically a fancy pedometer that gives you charts of your daily routine.
  • candy102389
    Options
    I LOVE MY FITBIT FLEX. I can wear it day and night and its waterproof so i do shower and wash my hands with it. its a bracelet and usually i charge it once a week, with my phone charger since i can remove the cord and plug in the one they provide. I love that it sync with MFP and my smartphone so I can just check my progress on my phone. Like others have said it just encourages me to get more steps, miles, and burn more calories.Their customer service is so aweome.
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    I have had the original, the ultra and now the one and love them. They have totally kept me motivated and are much more convientent for me than a regular pedometer...as I allways forget to reset the cheaper versions. and for get to input the data. The fitbit does all the work for me.
  • agressre
    agressre Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit is a tool. It counts steps (and stairs for the One). It syncs with apps on mobile devices and makes it easier for you to keep track of how much you are moving a day. You can set it up so that it shares information with MFP pretty easily.

I use the One. I love it. I don't take it as the end all and be all but it does keep track of my steps (and stairs) and it has motivated me to get up and go for extra walks. I try and hit 10,000 steps a day minimum but my personal goal is to hit 15,000 a day. I am not there yet but working on it.

I don't buy the calorie burn it gives. Heck, I don't fully buy MFP calorie burn, my estimation of food consumed (I don't weigh my food), or a heart rate monitor. All of these things are tools that will work as well as we let them. The Fitbit helps me remember to get off my butt at work and walk. It helps me remember to walk to the grocery store instead of drive. Essentially, it is helping me develop new habits.