Interval Timers on iPhone

Options
Looking for suggestion for an interval timer.

I use my iPhone 4 to listen to Pandora as I run. I'm looking for an app to use alongside it. I have Gymboss but the alarm doesn't ring over Pandora. I use i.Run Free app, but it only logs mileage, time and rates via gps. I use the stopwatch feature to time myself and the alarm function to fime my intervals, but really want to be hands free when I run as I focus on the run itself.

A one stop app would be ideal. I thought about loading songs that are equivalent to the time of my intervals, but I don't have the time to sit and arrange music like that. I also don't like the predictability of what song is coming next.

What I'm looking for is an alarm when my running interval begins/ends and when my walking begins/ends, over a course of any time period.

Replies

• girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i have used interval timer pro as you can programme your own interval as well as a couple already on there.

adidas micoach app uses interval training on their training programmes. GPS if running outside otherwise you would have to invest in a shoe sensor and HRM to sync exact figures
  • fit4life76
    fit4life76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use Repeat Timer Pro and listen to Pandora as well. You can definitely hear it over the music!
  • SeamsSewWright
    Options
    I use Repeat Timer Pro and listen to Pandora as well. You can definitely hear it over the music!

Thank you!! Very much!! So excited to try it out. I think I'll do a test today during lunch.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i have used interval timer pro as you can programme your own interval as well as a couple already on there.

adidas micoach app uses interval training on their training programmes. GPS if running outside otherwise you would have to invest in a shoe sensor and HRM to sync exact figures

I'm definitely going to check out adidas micoach tonight. Thanks!
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The ap i use is just called intervaltimer and it works fine with pandora and its free!
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ultra Timer is awesome! It allows you to color code and label your intervals and is compatible with iPads, iPods...I use it to teach my fitness classes :)