Not able to lose weight

Options
I have been monitoring my calorie intake for last 2 months about 90% of time not exceeding my 1500 calories per day. Most of the times it leaves me hungry at night. I also exercise 2 times a week on stationary bike for 1 hour at a moderate pace. I do not see much of a weight loss though. Any tips/suggestions?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Tracking everything? If so, do you eat back your exercise calories so you're netting your 1500?
  • captainjclark
    Options
    You might not being eating the right type of foods even if you are under your calorie goal. You could eat 3 meals a day and stay under but they're still unhealthy, or eat healthy foods consistently throughout the day and stay full and under the calorie goal. Also, you might try different exercises. I try to mix it up sometimes but it is difficult sometimes. You can add me if you'd like. I post everything I eat.
  • manique45
    manique45 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not much info given here... how much do you weigh? how tall are you? do you eat exercise cals back? do you monitor your burn with a heart rate monitor to see an estimate of calories burnt?

With that said I would think you need to add more activity, make sure you are eating enough protein... if you have physical limitations just go walking... Also consider adding weights to your routine...

You are not burning more than you are consuming...Also do you use a scale to weigh everything you eat? How strict is your tracking... You may be thinking you are eating less than you are and a stationary bike only 2x a week isn't going to give you that much of a challenge...

Hope this helps... You should search the post for this question there are some good ones that show common mistakes people make when trying to lose weight.
  • Fitness_Guru12
    Options
    your diet is more important than your exercise. 70% diet 30% exercise. The expression used: 'Abs are made in the kitchen'
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The only reason why you're not losing weight is because you're not eating as many calories as you think you are therefore you're not in a caloric deficit. That is the only explanation for it.

Get some food measuring scales and be incredibly pedantic about calorie counting.

I recommend following this online calculator, it works for me so it it'll work for you: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/