Full-Body Lifting/Strength Training Routine

Options
emAZn
emAZn Posts: 413 Member
Hi there,

I was wondering if any lifters/strength trainers could recommend a good total body lift routine that could be done twice a week? I’m about to start marathon training here soon so I’ll only have time to lift 2 (sometimes 3) times a week and will have at least 2 days rest in between.

Replies

• emAZn
    Options
    Bump
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength -- best info on technique, you should totally buy the book
    If you already know your techniques, you can do StrongLifts. Mehdi doesn't explain well, but his routine is OK.
  • erillyn
    erillyn Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Check out JeFit.com , It's like a MFP for workouts. It's an amazing site that you can also download the app for on an andriod phone (not sure for the apple phones though)
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the JeFit suggestion, love it!
    (And yes, it is available for Apple phones.)
  • emAZn
    Options
    Great! Thanks for both suggestions!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Seconding the Stronglifts. Just do your research on technique if you aren't familiar with the exercises.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd start with Stronglifts or Starting Strength-- they're similar programs with an A day and a B day and basic lifts for simplicity and a heavy focus on squats. I agree that Mehdi is not a great teacher though so if you go with Stronglifts supplement with some Rippetoe videos on YouTube.
  • megan020103
    Options
    I love Body Pump!
  • erillyn
    erillyn Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the JeFit suggestion, love it!
    (And yes, it is available for Apple phones.)

Thanks for adding that!
  • emAZn
    Options
    Thanks great suggestions! I have a lot of research to do tonight :)