Simple, tasty meals with low cal needed!!

Options
I'm in dire need of some new recipes. Yummy, low calorie and preferably something my kids (2.7 years and 18 months) will like too. Nothing too spicy or 'out there'. Just simple yum yum foods. Meals or cake bake stuff. Thanks! :)

Replies

• blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this! I need some more recipes too! Getting a tiny bit tired of chicken and veggies lol
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm in dire need of some new recipes. Yummy, low calorie and preferably something my kids (2.7 years and 18 months) will like too. Nothing too spicy or 'out there'. Just simple yum yum foods. Meals or cake bake stuff. Thanks! :)

Make your family's favorite recipe, eat smaller portions. Magically lowers the cals of the dish
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

Make your family's favorite recipe, eat smaller portions. Magically lowers the cals of the dish

this. if still hungry, add simple salad.
    my fav low calorie meals are:
    salad and small sandwich
    salad and small portion of lasagne
    salad and 2 slices of pizza

I'm sure you get the point...
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I agree with ACG - just make your family's favourites and you can always bulk up your portion with veg or salad for far fewer calories :)
  • EvelynSummers
    Options
    I understand the smaller portions fewer calories thing but I mean I need different recipes! Something new. Not the same thing over and over. Some so I won't get bored of doing it.
  • DutchMouse
    DutchMouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com for some new ideas.
  • softballislife7
    softballislife7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    http://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/2013/02/lowfatfettuccineAlfredorecipe.html

this was one of my favorite recipes, and i made it for my family and they all loved it! i have a 16 year old brother, who always likes the fattiest foods and he even ate it too, liked it, and had no complaints!