Your best advice given to help you lose weight

Options

Replies

• VioletNightshade
    Options
    "If you're going to do this, do it for you."

I'm used to doing things for other people and putting everyone else before myself, and putting myself last, supposing I make the list at all. This is the first thing I've ever done completely and solely for myself.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fat lasts longer than flavour does.

Everytime I want something outside of my calorie range, I think about when my personal trainer said this to me.

Love it!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    dea175224cb3c5d38034c6b245ace5b4.jpg
  • livedb
    livedb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like "Do something every day"

Even if I'm tired and sore, I try to do something. It will make you feel like you are totally committed, and you will see results as a byproduct.

Also... Get r Done works...lol
  • Way2slk
    Way2slk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You didn't put the weight on overnight and it is not going to come off overnight. One of the eyeopening moments when I got on www.loseit.com and looked up the foods I was eating and discovered I was killing myself.

Recently, a phrase that is very important...... "Flavor does NOT last longer than FAT does." That is right, if you eat it, it better be worth the work it is going to take to get it off.
  • Way2slk
    Way2slk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fat lasts longer than flavour does.

Everytime I want something outside of my calorie range, I think about when my personal trainer said this to me.

Love it!

I love that quote Leann. Thank your trainer for springing that on us. I have been sharing that with all of friends.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    "Time is going to pass anyways. A year will pass regardless how you live it. You choose if you want that time to pass working on losing weight or doing nothing."
  • TStevens78405
    Options
    You need to burn off more than you put in. Simples :)
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    The best advice I ever heard was not to be downhearted if you don't notice changes straight away, Rome wasn't built in a day!
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming!
    original1.jpg
    :laugh:
  • e_is_for_erin
    e_is_for_erin Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! If you "fall off the wagon," just get back on. Tomorrow is always a new day! and ask yourself "how bad do I want this?!?"
  • amylb0822
    amylb0822 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Protein is your friend. Drink lots of water. Eat "whole" and less processed foods.

Get off your butt and move it !
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, as the advice given here has helped remind me why I need to keep going. I would say the best advice is to be honest on calories and log them! The one thing that has helped me stick with this lifestyle change so far is MFP friends and community. When you feel like you are falling, reach out and there is always someone to help pull you back up! And m favorite quote from this post is..."Just because you trip on the top step doesnt mean you throw yourself down the rest of stairs".
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Best advice...

How to find my "sweet spot" on calories & marcos. I love not feeling hungry and still lose.

Workout

BE CONSISTENT!
    :smile:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    no matter how bad it sucks, watch your macros...your calories will fall into place when your macros are in order. I wish I learned that 2 years ago. Also, stay consistent with your exercise. You can work out 3 days a week, but don't take the next week off.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Remember that it is a marathon, not a sprint. Helped me tremendously when i would step on the scale and see "0.5lbs down" or even worse "you've gained a pound!" :/
  • hrmom26
    hrmom26 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ok so first was
    " eat to live not to live to eat"

and second is
    " no excuses"

i say those two things to my self all the time ,

the first when i fine myself thinking about food , "is it time to eat?" ...ok so 2 hours and i can have a snack" what should i eat when it's time?" .... lol ya i used to obsess on food just a tad lol ... hmm just dawned on me i haven't done that in forever ... progress ya me lol

the second rears its head when i start putting off exercising lol when i start with the "weeeelllll i can't go to the gym today because...." which will turn into me then thinking i'll skip exercising today altogether then I'll go Friday ..." that's when i say no excuses ! if i can't go to the gym, i walk, i can't do that, i'll use my bike in the house etc etc
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Best advice I've ever been given is to eat clean. It really does make your body feel better. Less mood swings, more attentive, not to mention improved academic performance (for me). Really is a life saver.

Advice I'd give? Keep at it. We are only human and will have setbacks and make mistakes, but it's up to us to get past that and persevere.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    "If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer"

All the mechanics of losing weight (diet, exercise, moderation, heavy lifting, shakeology, Atkin, etc) aren't worth a damn if you don't pinpoint and overcome the reason you are using food to medicate your pain or fill your emptiness.

Work the programs to treat the 'symptom' (fat), but at the same time work at addressing and overcoming the 'cause' of your addiction to food...lest fighting obesity will be a lifelong struggle.

Learn to love yourself right now, regardless of how much you weigh; be grateful to your body and in awe of the miraculous machine that it is.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Do it for you and do it your way.

The details of what work for one person will not work for another, healthy eating and exercise can vary greatly and thats fine because you have so many great possibilities to try. DO NOT get frustrated when a work out or diet plan someone else has had success with doesn't work, just pick yourself up and try something different.