New to all of this.....

Options
Hi :) I'm new to MFP and am looking for some friends to help keep me motivated to lose weight :) I am a mother of 2 kids (4yrs, 3yrs) and am still trying to lose the baby weight :( I work full time at an office job. I love food and when I get bored I eat.......I've started a meal plan this week and am doing good with that it's the getting back into exercise I'm finding hard.

Replies

• AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    Congrats on starting and welcome to MFP! You will love it! It's very motivating to see everyone working towards the same goals as you. I know how hard it can be. I work full time and have three kiddos. What are your fitness goals?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    A great man once said "You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take." You took the first shot. KEEP SHOOTING!
  • tashaleona5
    Options
    Congrats on your new fitness journey!! I am down approx 40 pounds since having my baby girl and it hasn't been easy but you can do it. One trick I found that works for me is to eat every 2 hours, smaller meals. It really gets your metabolism fired up! I am also doing turbo fire and I'm losing inches like crazy. Hard work but worth it.
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to do the thing where if I was bored I'd eat, and if I still feel at all that way, I grab tuna, or a piece of turkey, or something with little to no carbs just for giggles. Although lately I've went to chewing gum instead of grabbing food, which has helped as well. Welcome to the site.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ❤

This is such a wonderful place, filled with some very awesome & supportive people!

I wish you luck on your weight loss journey!!

- Melissa
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Keep punchin'!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad you have a meal plan. The hardest part about exercise is getting up and getting started, especially being a very busy mother of two (I'm not but I can imagine). Feel free to add me, I'm very active and I will support any effort you can put forth in both eating and exercise, even if you just walk two laps around your couch to start with ... it's a start!
  • kymee84
    kymee84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to MFP! I also hard a hard time getting motivated with the exercise but i found this app called virtual walk and made my treadmill much more fun. Right now im on the Appalachian trail which is 70 miles lol but a little bit every day and ill soon be done. There are several apps out there that can make walking or exercising a lil more fun!
  • Cowgurl8710
    Options
    I want to lose 35lbs and get toned, get rid of the baby fat.......
  • Heyyy gurrrlll Cx Feel free to add me (: