stuck at 16 stone.... help??

Options
Hi all, im new to the forums and mfp in general. I have done ww ober the years and lost a fair bit of weight as I was near 18 stone and I got down to 15 stone. I then slipped off course and have gained a stone. I never struggled with weight coming off me if I worked for it. But all of a sudden I just cannot shift it! I run 4-5 days a week for minimum of 2 miles normally 4+. I also lift weights but am not built that much at the moment. Mfp tells me 1670 calories so im trying this. But literally no matter how gpod ive been, im still stuck at 16 stone on the dot. I weighed once and was 15.13 and rhought yay. Then I woke up and took my actual weight thinking id be lower as I always am. And I was 16 again! Sorry for the rant as a first post just dont underatand it. Any help or anyone thats been in this position would be great to hear from. Thanks all :)

Replies

• thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Anyone had any similar experiences at all??
  • bartman4
    bartman4 Posts: 24
    Options
    Have you tried reducing your calories slightly (say 1600), weighing yourself at the same time every day under the same circumstances and then tracking a running average of your weight? There should be some level of calories and a balanced diet that will allow you to lose .5 to 1 kilo per week.

I've been stuck at 183 lbs since Christmas, so I've recently dropped my daily calories from 2000 to 1600 and stopped adding calories back in for exercise.
  • Remo_Williams
    Options
    Get a tape measure and start using that for progress measurements as well. There have been many times when my weight has gone up, but my waist has gone down. This is especially true the more you exercise and lift weights. Also make sure you are weighing yourself under the same conditions each time.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for the reply. Ill be honest this is the first time ive ever calorie counted ive always just done weight watchers etc. But only been doing mfp for a couple of days. Problem with ww is its unrealistic long term for me. Ill stick to 1670 this week and see if I get anywhere if not then ill drop it a little. I just dont understand how im stuck at that weight as ive lost more before doing exactly the same :s. Very discouraging!
  • thatch1234
    Options
    I did take measurements and found in 3 weeks ive lost 2 inches from chest and 1 inch from my waist. It just feels strange that im 16 stone at 5ft 7 and I am running 10 miles plus a week abd 1 hour of football on wednesday and the weight doesnt come off. Its hard for me to track calories burnt as for my size im actually moderately fit. I think ill purchase a proper tape measure as I feel like u can cheat with the basic ones if u pull tighter etc although I wouldnt I just dont trust it if you know what I mean. Thanks again
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If your calorie goal is 1670 you should be eating to that amount or as close as possible. It may take more than a week to see results though. I think with most changes give it at least 2-4 before you start tweaking things. Also, with MFP settings your exercise calories are meant to be eaten. The weight loss deficit is built in without counting exercise so when you do earn exercise calories you're supposed to be eating them to keep your net calories at the 1670 mark.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Hello, I did eat back the calories I earnt. Problem is my run calculated I burnt 700ish calories . That was my breakfast and lunch that I had to eat again basically lol. Although that is AWESOME is that really correct? Thx again
  • Remo_Williams
    Options
    An inch from your waist in 3 weeks is great! Keep it up! If your weight has stayed the same that means your body fat % has actually gone down more than if you had lost weight along with it.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Ah okay thats not soo bad then. My scales does take measurements for bmi etc. Although I know they are not accurate after 5 weeks of actual exercise and diet. (Before I took measurements) I was at 41% fat and now at 36%. I know that they arent accurate but even if there out by a few % that must still stand for a small % gone. Thanks all for comments. Makes me feel a lot better knowing its normal
  • jjackson0822
    Options
    Hey there! First thing you should do is keep in mind that this all isn't going to happen overnight. You are on a journey! Each day you are going to feel better and better about yourself. You've got this! After reading through all of your posts, I can really see that you are working hard and really wanting to see changes happen. Thats what its all about! You are further along than most people! Keep doing what you are doing friend!

Jared Jackson
    Tharreo Fitness
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Thanks man, yeah I know something muat be happening with this hard work. I guess it will just sorta fall off all of a sudden after losing the inches etc :) I live in hope haha
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Try reducing calories or a different/upping your exercise. It can be annoying as I have been the same weight for months although I only need to lose 6 pounds or so.

It doesn't matter if the BF% is inaccurate at the start. If you log what it is and then measure again under the same circumstances (time and day), then the % difference is accurate.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Ive only been calorie counting for a day or 2. Startung officially tomorrow now ive come to grips with the app etc. I will be solid with it and keep u guys updated once I get to 15.13 yipeee :)
  • bartman4
    bartman4 Posts: 24
    Options
    How are things progressing? Personally I had to drop my target calories from 2000 to 1500 to lose a pound a week and I'm 6' tall. I also don't add exercise back in. I just eat more if I'm hungry on the days I excercise, but I don't eat anywhere near what MFP says I can.