Looking for vegetarian/vegan riends with open food diaries

Options
I am not vegetarian but I have a tween that has been refusing to eat animal meat for a few months. I would love to have vegetarian/vegan friends with open diaries so I can browse for meal ideas. Thanks.

Replies

• jmholtgrewe
    jmholtgrewe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Mine is open :)
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sure, mine is open! Feel free to add me. And if you see anything you want a recipe for just let me know :)
  • beckcible
    beckcible Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm veggie and my diary is open, but add me if you like :)
  • aishazi
    aishazi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan and my diary is open to friends so feel free to add me :)
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    vegan, friends can see mine, you're most welcome. Ask for any recipes you want, I love to cook
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've only been online 2 days, so my diary won't be much help, but I'm glad to see more vegans out there to befriend!
  • daisygeep
    Options
    Icook vegetarian 1-2 eves a week. I haven't been keeping my diary for food just fitness right now. But if you are on Pinterest I have this board full of veg meals and I have tried most of them. Feel free to browse. http://pinterest.com/ajlux/meatless-mondays/
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Does she eat fish too? My usual rotation is vegan, vegetarian and pescatarian dishes. Once in awhile (6-12 times a year) animal carcass.

Eta: good for your daughter! :-)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear you're willing to accommodate your daughter! My diary is open...feel free to add me and always ask for recipes if something catches your eye!
  • lisamarie447
    lisamarie447 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My diary is open! I am mostly vegetarian, but I do have the occasional piece of fish or meat. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Here are the recpes for tonights dinner I'm making. Creamy vegan carrot and cocnut soup. http://vegetarian.about.com/od/soupsstewsandchili/r/carrotcoconut.htm
    And Kale-sadillas (quesadilla with kale, squash and onion)...can be gluten free and vegetarian or vegan. http://www.glutenfreegigi.com/gluten-free-kale-sadillas-quesadillas-with-kale-yellow-squash-and-onions/

Total meal is around 500 calories.

I recommend you get a good vegetarian and/or vegan cookbook. You may find you like the food as much as your child. It can be quite delicious.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan. My diary is open to friends. Add me.
    You sound like a great mom. You're willing to cook meatless for her even tho you're not veg*n. Yay for you!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yay for supportive parents! Wish I had that when I was transitioning! 6+ years vegan now, and 10+ years rotting flesh free!
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian (aside from the occasional shrimp, crab, or lobster). Cook most of my meals myself/in conjunction with my mom. Feel free to add me and poke around. In the last two weeks or so I cut out everything processed; if you go back to last semester (January-May or so) I have logged a lot more dishes with pastas and breads.
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your responses! I'm sending out friend requests now : )
  • daniellethevegan
    Options
    Vegan here! Would love some new friends! :)
  • lisa8x9
    lisa8x9 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a vegan too, feel free to add!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, have been for over 30 years. Diary is open (I think) if not, friend me (anyone!)
    I'm not much of a cook, well, not very varied, but I do have the odd moment of brilliance.
  • Anonymouse7704
    Options
    Vegan here! Only logged today but maybe in future diary will be helpful :) good luck