Looking for friends who have had Vertical sleeve

Options
I am 47 years old and I live in Philadelphia, Pa. I'm hoping to have the sleeve done in beginning of September. I'm also a member on OH.

Replies

• Nitadani
    Nitadani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi aim also hoping to find fiends to encourage me. Having sleeve placed and lap band removed!
  • Kyndness
    Kyndness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I was sleeved on 6/4, and would love more friends to support and encourage as I continue on my journey. Please feel free to add me. I'm a daily tracker, but don't always input my water and exercise. Don't be afraid to say hello, or offer feedback!
  • Amsily
    Amsily Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm a sleever.. please add me :)
  • jeanettemj9
    Options
    I was sleeved on 1/30 and am currently down 68 pounds so far. Always looking for more MFP friends - add me!
  • all82581
    all82581 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I had the sleeve on July 8th. I'm very happy, down 35 pounds so far. If you have any questions let me know.
  • BecomingElizabeth
    BecomingElizabeth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I live in Vancouver, BC and am about to under go a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on August 1st. Already one week into my pre op diet!!! I journal daily and log EVERYTHING!!! Looking for mutual support and encouragement?? I love to offer positive uplifting comments to my friends progress on the news feed, so feel free to add me!!!
  • Fiore13
    Fiore13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    July 8th was my date too! down 15lbs since surgery!!!
  • joliem6201
    joliem6201 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had mine done on July 18th!
  • aleycat37
    aleycat37 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm having mine done on August 6th. I am working on the pre op diet and it's hard sometimes to stick to with all the food at work. I know it won't be easy after but I'm using this as many are as a tool to help me lose the weight.
  • Lola_Bunny66
    Options
    Sleeved 4-26-13, down 54 lbs from surgery alone, daily tracker, always welcoming my sleever buddies!!! Add me if you'd like more encouragement in your journey :-) Logan
  • melissaluther73
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I had my surgery on 8/15/13 - down 22lbs so far. I think it's the best gift I could ever give myself. Looking for friends on here that want to share their diaries and recipes.
  • likeomgitskhloe
    Options
    I was sleeved on April 8th, 2013. I started my pre-op diet on March 25th, 2013. Since then, I have lost 97 1/2 lbs. New friends are always welcomed. Free free to add me. (=
  • Mamamareli
    Mamamareli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved May 8, 2013. I'm down almost 60 lbs! Please add me!!! I need more sleever friends!!!
  • sguer56
    Options
    Fellow sleevers weigh in... sometimes when I have logged my food, I feel like maybe I'm eating too much and will stretch out my little stomach pouch. I eat way more than the weeks following surgery, and more than what I eat even after starting solid foods. I eat less than before surgery, but I'm so scared of stretching out my pouch and getting back to the size I was. Any advice/input?

ps, feel free to friend me, I was sleeved July 8.
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved July 1 and am down 42 lbs. I too have the fear of eating too much and recently my WL has slowed to almost a stall. I have upped my calories and protein hoping that will jump start at bit. Exercise is a problem right now. Not making excuses, however the reality of my life at the moment is making it difficult to fit in. I do log everyday so please feel free to add me as a friend any of you fellow sleevers out their. The support and feedback are always helpful - it works both ways.
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A 'sleeve' board! Good morning y'all - isn't it great to be a "loser"???!!!!!

I'm Stacy, I am a 'veteran' I guess. I had surgery on June 11, 2010 - I love it and would have surgery again
    in a heartbeat!!!

I'm been maintaining for over 2.5 years. What are your stories??!!!
  • nursesuzyq1969
    Options
    I has GBS on July 30. I'm 44 year old Texan. I struggle with calorie intake and enough protein.
  • Tracjac
    Options
    I had the surgery 3 years ago. I lost 75 pounds but have gained 30 pounds back in the last year and a half. So...I joined a gym and MFP. I have hired a personal trainer and have been working out for two months. I started my new eating healthy on Monday.

Although the surgery helped me to lose the weight once your body adjusts you will gain the weight back if you don't change your eating habits. Since day 1 I have been hungry....which I did not understand because they said they were cutting out the part of the stomach that causes hunger. Anyway, i am trying to lose the weight I have gained and hopefully I can exercise on a regular basis....which is something I have never done.

A few questions:

1. Does anyone else have trouble drining water? My stomach gets iritated once the water hits it...no matter what temperature. My doctor had no clue.

2. Also, for those that are years post surgery....what food plan are you following?

Good luck to us all!
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am 47 years old and I live in Philadelphia, Pa. I'm hoping to have the sleeve done in beginning of September. I'm also a member on OH.
    Nitadani wrote: »
    Hi aim also hoping to find fiends to encourage me. Having sleeve placed and lap band removed!

Hi Nitadani.. my name is Raihaanah (ray..haa..nah), I see that you had a revision surgery from band to sleeve..i just recently had the same on Dec 29,2014 and was looking for someone to keep me updated on their success. Would you be available or willing?
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Same msg for you nursing queen:-)