Your best advice given to help you lose weight

Options

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Eat food, not too much, and do strength and cardio.
    The definition of TDEE
    The phrase "you are not a special snowflake".
  • twinmomjc
    Options
    "You can't be totally invested the the future you. You have to like yourself enough today to keep going."
    I REALLY like that. Thanks.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Two words helped me lose 30 lbs. and maintain that loss for 1.5 years and counting: Portion Control.

If you can master portion control you will never ever be fat. Ever.
  • andypandy1109
    andypandy1109 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    small changes make the biggest differnce,,...why
    you dont feel deprived
    your skin shrinks back naturally
    so you dont look haggard
    fast losses can have that effect
    your more likly to keep it off longer

it took time to put on it will take as long if not longer to loose.

..track track and track...best advice ever

and being consistant and percevere

and of course if you fail today dont let tommorow be the same...
  • jrv462
    jrv462 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wisdom from my dearly departed grandfather - "One who perseveres - WINS!"

Keep this in mind at all times.
  • familyizzy
    Options
    Best advice..........If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eat the food!
  • jimmy117
    Options
    Log everything you eat down in your food diary.
  • harlar
    harlar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Do something, even if it's small. Anything is better than nothing.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Reading, re-reading, reading again, and finally understanding the info in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13 and then putting it into practice.

Sustainable way of eating, no diet, no deprivation - I can do this for the rest of my life and I plan to. Losing the fat, and keeping the muscle, FTW! :bigsmile:
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    "Just because you trip on the top step doesnt mean you throw yourself down the rest of stairs".

Meaning - if you "mess up" one day, you just continue on as if you didnt mess up... you dont declare the whole thing a loss and quit the program you started just because you went over your calorie goal one day etc. One slipup is not a reason to give up, or to let it continue the next day.

I've not heard this one before and I LOVE it!! I struggle still every day with not giving up some days. Thank you!

Mine is:

You can have excuses or you can have results, you cannot have both. #noexcuses
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Eat slower, mindfully, and always sitting down at a table...not in your car or at a desk.

Drink more water, then drink more water, then drink more water.....

Pick out your top three offender foods and cut back on them, or cut them out, while losing a few pounds.

Walk everywhere...at least 10,000 steps a day.

Don't eat junk. Eat real food, not too much of it, and mostly plants.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    "David, get your fat a55 off the couch" :laugh:
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    Eat more healthy foods, eat in moderation, drink water instead of calorie and sugar rich fluids, get your butt moving. Take the stairs over anything else offered, park a little farther from the door, enjoy being active outside, maybe get involved in a sport like your town's volleyball or softball league. Find exercises that you like doing!!!! Rotate your routine so you don't get bored. Work different muscle groups. Try lifting some weights even if it's just a little weight. Enjoy the foods you eat!!! Healthy foods can be tasty too....... make simple changes: like try substituting pre-made fries with real homemade fried that you bake, or try switching out a boxed side with fresh corn or green beans. Try not to eat anything out of the box, instead make homemade meals. This way you know mostly whats in it!!!!! Switch out table salt with fresh herbs or natural sea salt (which still has all the vitamins that gets stripes when they make table salt and you usually need less of this than regualr table salt to get the same if not better flavor). Track absolutely everything you eat and drink no matter what. I find it easier to track on a written log. That way I can stick the log in my purse and take it with me so I never forget to log something!
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    Also, don't eat until you feel full!!!!!! Usually this means you over ate.....
  • rakufire
    rakufire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stop talking about it and get on with it.
  • lindabtl
    Options
    Haven't seen this one yet: Start drinking water early in the day and you won't have that, "What should I eat next?" taste in your mouth that soda, even diet, gives you.

Another habit that is helping me: Strive for 3 fruits and 5 veg a day.

And I LOVE what other posters are saying about not letting one slip up derail you.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    "If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer"

I am totally stealing this. :smile:
  • nads1012
    nads1012 Posts: 55
    Options
    Nobody is gonna do it for you.
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Do your best, don't quit, and be consistent.