Is Vanity Bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    im selfish and vain as ****, is vanity bad? no. not if it drives you to take care of yourself!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Dang I would love to be 138 and im 5'1! LOL 135 is the highest "normal" weight for MY height. I cant imagine how on a 5'4 person it would be chunky. I guess it all depends on your amount of LBM at any weight. Any ways this thread made me sad.

I haven't seen anyone my height who was in the 130s appear chunky, but that's subjective, i suppose. What is thin to someone may not be thin to another.
    It all depends where they carry there weight, and if they are toned or flabby.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    No vanity is not bad. If it is the reason that motivates you and helps the new habits stick - then use it!
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I came to this thread thinking ... Vanity is good, it keeps bathroom sink from sitting on floor and allows us to stand while washing our face. Then I realized you were talking about a different type of vanity. Sorry for the intrusion.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I haven't seen anyone my height who was in the 130s appear chunky, but that's subjective, i suppose. What is thin to someone may not be thin to another.

If you've always weighed 115-120....and then you're at 135 then yes.....you'd feel overweight. If you've always weighed 200 lbs and got down to 135, you'd feel amazing.
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No not at all. I'm already at a healthy weight but I want to build muscle now to look firm all over because that's what I think looks good. Last summer one of my friend posted a picture of me wearing a bikini on Facebook and I was a little shocked about how I looked, so I said f**k this I'm going to work my butt off and the next time a picture like that shows up I'll be proud of what I look like. Different people require different motivation, nothing wrong with that.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I came to this thread thinking ... Vanity is good, it keeps bathroom sink from sitting on floor and allows us to stand while washing our face. Then I realized you were talking about a different type of vanity. Sorry for the intrusion.

And this is why I get along so well with men...:drinker:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Vanity is not my motivation, but I say that what ever moves you is a useful tool! My motivation is my daughter...who will need life skills and sees me as her role model.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

And this is why I get along so well with men...:drinker:
    must be a CLE thing