Festival Food

Options
So, I'm off to a festival for 4 days tomorrow, which is going to be a major challenge for me whilst in the middle of a diet (not the best strategic diet planning, I know). I'm a vegetarian trying to stick to a low card diet at the mo, for info.

I'm a festi 'veteran' so I know what kinds of food to expect, and I've got enough common sense to know what to really avoid, but I'm just interested - how have others found watching what they eat whilst away at a festi? Or does anyone have any tips on meals that look and sound ok, but are really quite fattening etc, etc

I think for me, alcohol is going to be a killer...I think this will be my pitfall, but maybe I can just dance it off...hmmm..doubtful!

Replies

• Rajaa148
    Options
    Just got back from a fest two weeks ago - also four days and I was worried as well but you know what? I lost a few pounds but I was super aware of what I was eating. I allowed myself singular veggie burgers but my main staples were raw food bars (one at a time), tons of fruit I had in my tent and TONS of walking. You tend to walk a lot at festivals (I had a pedometer with me and averagely walked 25000 steps) and don't discount that dancing. i was walking around and dancing from 6:00pm until 4:00am. I didn't do beer or cider though (I think those are stupid calories that take a lot to make you inebriated) I had vodka with me (!)

I will admit to being a dedicated daily runner and my body works quite efficiently with less calories. I don't really have cravings for things as I try and avoid sugar, white flour and am a fully plant based dieter. I've also never felt better in my life - have so much energy. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the fest so much if I was eating **** and feeling sluggish...

Don't overthink it - focus on having a great time rather than food! If you're going to Wilderness I'm very jealous. Was there last year and it was amazing!
  • beckcible
    beckcible Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's great advice thanks. Wish I'd thought of taking a walking ped with me now! Nope, Im off to brand new festi called Whirly Fayre in Glastonbury....heres hoping its a goodun! :)