Small victories count, too. Share yours!

Options
2»

Replies

• MelliCheer
    Options
    Buying a new pair of my favourite jeans (except a few sizes down) on eBay because they just don't fit anymore. I can't wait to get them!

People who I haven't seen in ages having to take a few looks first to make sure it's me (yes I totally noticed)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Nothing huge yet. Since starting this site, I've lost 3 lbs, one inch around my waist, half and inch around my neck and my hips!
    I can't wait until my size 13's feel loose on me. They feel loose when I lay down, though, when they would feel a bit snug when I laid down. Thanks for this thread!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i touched my toes doing yoga today lol
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I washed and dried my new jeans. I've gone down a pant size. I've never been in this pant size, in my life, and I've been scared that I would wash these jeans and dry them and....I don't know what, learn that I'm not really this size. I still have a hard time believing that I've done this. Well I washed and dried and they slid on just like the day I bought them. I guess I have to "believe" now.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I keep trying on clothes that have't fit me in a while. Makes me smile every time I try something on that I can wear now! The only problem is allowing myself out to eat and drink so I can wear them!!! :laugh:

Oh and 20lbs ago my belly was touching the steering wheel. I was not happy about that :angry: Now, I get in the car and there's a huge gap :bigsmile:

Yes, we must celebrate the small victories, thanks for the reminder :flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: wow...what an amazing thread!

Thank you xxx

I managed to get into a size 10 jean today..okay, the buttons were a little tight...but I got them on :laugh:

My boyfriend loved me the way I am but now tells me... "you have an amazing figure, I didnt think I could love you anymore"....he still doesn't want me to lose much more! :laugh:

I have more room in the bath...for ME time :flowerforyou:
  • bjpkwiltz
    Options
    My scrubs for work move around my butt instead of getting stuck.....and I have lost enough water weight that the ridges in my ankles from my socks after 12 hours are less noticeable.....
    Small steps, but they are forward.....
  • Beebee78
    Options
    For me it is to be able to buy a smaller bra for the first time in over 18 years - and this weekend I am doing just that! xxx
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    When men lose their perception filter.. you know, the one where they look right through you and don't notice?

I was at court this week and had to line up with the clerk to check in, and a lawyer I hadn't seen for about 4 months did a complete double take when I said hello and kept staring at me. That was funny.

The other thing was a bench and bar dinner (the chief justices update the lawyers on what's happening in the courts). I sat with a table of men I didn't really know well. We had to wear name tags, but when I've gone to these dinners at higher weight, they have to check your tag repeatedly to remember your name. The other night, though... not only did they get my name when I said it, they used it all night and they all talked to me like they could see me! And I'm the shy one.

Now... I'm still obese and I've got a good 20 lbs before I'm just overweight.

Not to be invisible anymore... that's a great milestone!

Mirii
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When men lose their perception filter.. you know, the one where they look right through you and don't notice?

I was at court this week and had to line up with the clerk to check in, and a lawyer I hadn't seen for about 4 months did a complete double take when I said hello and kept staring at me. That was funny.

The other thing was a bench and bar dinner (the chief justices update the lawyers on what's happening in the courts). I sat with a table of men I didn't really know well. We had to wear name tags, but when I've gone to these dinners at higher weight, they have to check your tag repeatedly to remember your name. The other night, though... not only did they get my name when I said it, they used it all night and they all talked to me like they could see me! And I'm the shy one.

Now... I'm still obese and I've got a good 20 lbs before I'm just overweight.

Not to be invisible anymore... that's a great milestone!

Mirii

Amazing story thank you for sharing it.
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't have to 'hoist' myself out of the bath any more - when I'm getting out I can actually feel how much lighter I am. Weird huh!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My scrubs for work move around my butt instead of getting stuck.....and I have lost enough water weight that the ridges in my ankles from my socks after 12 hours are less noticeable.....
    Small steps, but they are forward.....

a yr ago I did WW and lost some weight, bough new size MED scrubs.... then life happened. My mom died suddenly, my daughter graduated from high school and planned to move away for college, my other daughter is 15 and made some bad decisions, all spelling out STRESSSSSSS! I packed away all the MED scrubs and went back to large. I am so excited to pull out the MED ones and have all new uniforms!!! But I am gonna wait another week or so before I try them on.... don't want disappointmen!! Scrubs are hard to wear every day, its like being in my pj's then go home from work and throw on some sweats.... Saturday comes, and holy cow those jeans don't fit very well! lol That life is gone!!! And I've noticed that the sock thing is better too!! =)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I bought new underwear! Because I needed to! and they're a size down!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't a weight loss victory (I've lost 6 lbs. which I'm thrilled with but it's not enough to really notice) BUT, I went to my kids swim team annual picnic this afternoon and I was on the hostess committee with setup and clean up. Just one month ago, I would have been grazing through the desserts like I would never get a cookie again but I didn't eat anything today-it was all processed, store bought stuff and not calorie worthy! Boy it was hard though, but I'm really proud of myself for doing it.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Well done!

Some more small victories here - I can bend over and place my hands flat on the floor..

Most of my clothes are now too big - and in an area I have never lost weight - my rear end! xxx
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    8 months ago, I would bring my makeup out in the living room so I could sit while I put it on because standing in the bathroom that long was too tiring and now I have no problems!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!