ISO: Healthy Fruit Dip Recipe

Options
mmstone13
mmstone13 Posts: 60 Member
Hello- Having a bunch of guests over for dinner tomorrow who love their desserts :) but also watching their waistline :) So I am going to serve fruit for dessert, but was looking for a somewhat healthy alternative to the typical cream cheese/ mallow fluff fruit dip out there. Is there anything that could be made with greek yogurt?

Replies

• mrsschmitty722
    mrsschmitty722 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The one that my family loves is:
    1/2 Cup Splenda Brown Sugar
    1 stick Land O Lakes Butter
    1 Cup Plain Low Fat Greek Yogurt OR Fat Free/ Low Fat Sour Cream
    3 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

In a Sauce Pan over medium Heat, blend together the Brown Sugar and Butter til melted.
    In a medium mixing bowl, whip together the butter mixture, Greek Yogurt and vanilla. Serve warm, or allow the dip to chill and thicken in the refrigerator for a couple hours.

I like to make it a day in advance, so it gets nice a thick.
    It's pretty good used with either the Greek yogurt or the sour cream. I originally started making this like my grandmother, and everything was full fat..lol.. reg. brown sugar, regular sour cream, and a 1/2 cup butter... but I've lightened it a lot, and it is really good. Tastes like a caramel sauce! Very addicting!!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Fat free cool whip and non-fat strawberry yogurt. Obviously you could use full fat of either as well.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    6 oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt ( I used Oikos brand)
    2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
    1 tablespoon honey
    1/8 teaspoon cinnamon

mix it up and it is beter if it sits in the fridge for an hour or so.
  • Jayne2629
    Options
    Not exactly a fruit dip, but I found this online and it has been in my list of things to try. Do tell me if you try it and how it is!!

Cream Cheese Fruit-Dip
    - 2 pears
    - 2 apples, cored and chopped
    - 2 ripe bananas, sliced
    - 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
    - 3 cups seedless grapes
    - 1/2 lemon, juiced
    - 8 ounces fat-free strawberry cream cheese
    - 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    - 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    - 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    - 1 cup fat-free pretzels, broken

Steps:
    1. Combine pears, apples, bananas, strawberries and grapes. Add lemon juice and toss.
    2. Blend cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Add the fruit and pretzels. Refrigerate until chilled, and serve with a dollop of light whipped topping if desired.

Apparently the pretzels give it a nice crunch, but leave them out or add at the last minute if you're not serving right away or else they get soggy. It serves 8, and only has 233 calories! Not bad in my books! Maybe add nuts instead of pretzels?
  • twhitecotton32
    twhitecotton32 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump