you're stuck up

Options
rAc_hEl
rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
I was talking with my friends and one said " ever since you lost weight you've been so stuck up." They all agreed and explained when they saw me in walmart with my girls they waved to me and said i ignored them. I swear i never even saw them and I'm so busy watching my girls cause we had a problem with them stealing. So I'm constantly watching them and trying to shop. im so upset by this :(

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    usually its the Target crowd that is stuck up.
  • rAc_hEl
    Options
    Dude No joke i was in target on the phone and i said where i was at and a lady stopped me and said it's not target it's tar je' she produced it so oddly
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    My friends say the same thing. You know what? They're right. They annoy me.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Pft. If they were true friends they would have run up on you like "hey b*tch"... not waved at you from across the store anyway. Whatever! Time to start shopping with the Target crowd, me thinks. :wink:
  • Were you in a regular Wal-mart or a Super Wal-mart? If it was Super Wal-mart, I can see why they think you're stuck up. That's a high class facility and anyone who shops there is just too good for the rest of us.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    told ya. lol

tumblr_mea44ohWDO1qgqa75o1_500.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when you're skinny you're either "stuck up" or "conceited". If you're fat or ugly that's the only time you get to be "shy" or "outgoing".

Learn it. Live it. Be it.
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    It's just a way for them to justify their feelings of bitterness towards your success. Don't dwell on it too much, keep at it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Were the lines approximately 1 to 2 hours long?

Was there at least 2 screaming/crying children that were pitching a fit because they couldn't have candy?

Was there more than 2 cashiers? (not counting the self-checkout)

These are the important questions that need answering!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    Pft. If they were true friends they would have run up on you like "hey b*tch"... not waved at you from across the store anyway. Whatever! Time to start shopping with the Target crowd, me thinks. :wink:

screw that, they should have grabbed the store microphone from a cashier and screamed your name for the whole store to hear.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    usually its the Target crowd that is stuck up.
    Hater.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You need new friends.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Your friends don't have kids, do they? :grumble:
  • rAc_hEl
    Options
    told ya. lol

tumblr_mea44ohWDO1qgqa75o1_500.jpg

Oh my god stupid is alive!!!
  • rAc_hEl
    Options
    Your friends don't have kids, do they? :grumble:

Nope lol
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    So sad people come to such conclusions
    without giving you a chance to explain
    you were busy, side tracked or whatever
    being human is .. lol
    I honestly am extremely shy in RL so I try
    not to look so intensely at others and I'm
    told that is construed as conceit, which
    utterly bothers me .
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've heard the tar jay pronunciation more than once by several different people lol. I'm still surprised she corrected you as if that is the true pronunciation though :laugh:

Your friends are probably just jealous of your weight loss success and are trying to make you feel bad. They sound like ****ty friends to be honest.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Omg I can so relate to this but its coming from co-workers. Keep in mind, they have yet to tell me to my face but I over heard them talking about me when I was in the office (they didnt even have the decency to walk out and do it outside). Anyhow, they said that ever since I started to change my eating/lifestyle habits that the weight has gone all to my head :noway: and that i think im the '****' because of it. Luckly when i heard that I just blurted out 'well if you get off your butt and do what im doing thenmaybe you may feel the same' lol. Its sad because instead of encouraging each other these woman have to bash who ever is trying to better themselves. All I say, people will always have something negative to say, you keep doing what your doing and dont mind them.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Dude No joke i was in target on the phone and i said where i was at and a lady stopped me and said it's not target it's tar je' she produced it so oddly
    The "pronouncing Target in French" joke is old -- like really old, and quite well known. Where have you people been?
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I honestly am extremely shy in RL so I try
    not to look so intensely at others and I'm
    told that is construed as conceit, which
    utterly bothers me .

Ugh I've gotten the same comment my entire adult life! I'm not stuck up, just shy and introverted!