weight loss and cold weather.

Options
help; it's getting realy cold here,and i need some low calories hot drink, to drink during then day to keep my self warm. i hate tea and coffee,i can't drink that, can anyone tell me witch low calorie hot drinks can i take to keep my body warm ?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Have you tried different teas. I am drinking a chai spice tea and I love it. Peppermint teas ect. I like the spice teas not the fruity ones
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    ginger tea is the best for a cold day x
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    hot chocolate. i know there's a low calorie or diet one.
  • NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help ya out there...One of my vices is Coffee and Tea.....LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think there are some low cal hot chocolates in uk and usa (not here tho :( ).. Im not sure, but I heard about them from a friend.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    They also make a low-cal hot cider drink thats really good. Look for it around the boxed hot chocolate.
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I live in Ireland and I Like options begian chocolate low cal drink (37 cals), just yesterday I bought some low cal instant soups too (38 cals) that I used yesterday with a wrap to have something warm. The soup is thin so diesn't really feel like you ate eating anything but is tasty and warm. I use knorr soup with I'd anisosh brand but I'm sure there is alternatives where you live. Also I like sugar free blackcurrant cordial with freshly squeezed lemon juice... Haven't had that in ages actually.. It's great for a cold with lots of vitamin c!!!!

Hope you get warmed up soon!!!
  • marmite230
    Options
    Hot Water! lol
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    real cocoa is actually good for you and you can add your choice of sugar, honey, stevia, or other sweeteners. it's only 50 calories
    and lately I've been having a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in hot water. it may take some getting used to but I like it and it has a lot minerals 20% of iron, 15% of calcium plus potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc and it only has 50 calories too.
    I also really love ginger tea and licorice tea too. herbal teas without sweetener have no calories so try lots of different flavours.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Wear a hat, that will keep you warmer :wink:

How about hot water, with some lemon and honey, you don't need a lot of honey to make it quite tasty. :smile:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    slim-a-soup!! :bigsmile:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Cadbury's highlites hot chocolate is lovely! Its 40cals a cup and I have it most nights. Cupa soups are lovely too, but they are nearer the 100 cal mark.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I drink hot water and lemon first thing in the morning and occasionally during the day. Hot chocolate is my vice, but I think v8 warmed up might be good too (more like a tomato soup than juice)...haven't tried it. Just trying to come up with some other options.

The blackstrap and water sounds intriguing. I'll have to do it when I get out the molasses for gingerbread cookies!!!