shakeology

Options
I've been drinking shakeology for the last three months. Then it was brought to my attention that it might be why I'm so damn EXHAUSTED all of the time. I stopped drinking it. Suddenly I didn't need a 4-5 hour nap on Saturday or Sunday. I'm not falling asleep every time I go to the bathroom at work. At the end of my 10.5 hour work day, I'm not exhausted. I am so convinced that that shakeology was making me feel so exhausted. It blows my mind, how much energy I have! I haven't felt this energetic, awake, and alert in such a long time. ohmygawd, Shakeology, just isn't for everyone.

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..I feel the opposite. Were you replacing a whole meal and just drinking the shake mixed with water or something low cal? Maybe you weren't getting enough calories? I drink it daily, but I drink it with stuff added to it and also have an egg white omelet with it for breakfast. My nails and eyelashes have been growing like crazy and I think it's because of the Shakes. I like the way it tastes too. Sorry it didn't work for you.
  • sav3175
    sav3175 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm the opposite also I drink shakeology everyday also it gives me energy I have missed it on occasion and I felt lethargic and drained was not motivated to do anything. The chocolate helps during my time of the month also because i can get my chocolate craving in a healthy way. Sry it didnt work out for you but like the other poster said maybe you werent adding in enough to get your calories
  • gastlysmom
    gastlysmom Posts: 28
    Options
    if that is all you were consuming you are probably lacking in calories. the shakes should be a one a day meal replacement
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    nope, i blended it with a cup of frozen fruit and a cup of unsweetened almond milk for breakfast. i eat every few hours. since i replaced it with the protein powder i used to use from walmart, i don't fall asleep all day. all that's changed is taking out shakeology.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have a gluten sensitivity? Or is gluten free? I've never used it but I have tried so many different protein powders and they all tear up my stomach!
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It's so refreshing to see a post about the other side of shakeology or BBV or the next best thing. Thanks for sharing your experience! Don't let people tell you it'll work for you if your body is telling you otherwise :laugh: Only you know how you feel.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This is the first honest shakeology post I've ever read.

10/10
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Everyone tries to get me to try it - here's my thoughts

1. My protein powders works just fine.
    2. I'm NOT spending that much a month on a powder
    3. I did herbalife once and was told I made it wrong - um... ice, water, blender... NOT THAT FU*KING HARD.

Sorry, it wasn't for me either - when I tried the herbalife, I threw it up both times. that was enough for me. Now I get people trying to sell me Shakology too, like no, I lost weight with good old fashioned food and exercise. They they find out my medical issues and say it will help "cure" me... um, no, there is no cure for fibro, just like there is no cure for stupidity in believing a protein shake will solve all my medical issues.

My ticker says 17, but in total i've lost 44. With FOOD and EXERCISE.

ETA - before someone says I didn't eat enough, I was eating 1600 a day, so that wasn't it.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    This is the first honest shakeology post I've ever read.

10/10

^QFT!!!
  • Bean0904
    Bean0904 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking shakeology for a year. Yes I am a coach and started as a discount coach, due to high cholesterol. Since I have been on shakeology, my cholesterol has dropped 100 pts, I have reduced food cravings, increased my energy, dropped 20 pounds, and my recovery from marathon training is unbelievable. My first I completed 3 months before I started shakeology. I am a teacher so the shakes work great since I have to eat with my children so no time for something fancy. Just add water and shake. I did use whey protein powder and I can tell you I did NOT get the results from that compared to shakeology. Shakeology is not a protein shake its a nutritional supplement which I needed. So if your looking for a great meal replacement that is nutritional as well message me, if not go for it with protein shakes it's just about what works for you!
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert nor do I really know how much fiber is in the shakes but maybe there isn't enough Fiber or Carbs I mean we do need those things lol. We can't restrict them too much. Also just in my simple opinion I think if you need or feel you need a shake as a meal on a daily basis to lose weight or to maintain weight I think you are doing it wrong. There is nothing wrong with a good old protein shake or general shake for nutrition. But these shakology and body by vi crazes have me going insane. You seriously have the wrong idea of food if you think you have to depend on a shake. lol.