Lost weight but look skinnyfat

Options
Hey everyone I'm a 19 year old male around 162 pounds. A couple years ago I went from 277 pounds to 210 and maintained that weight for about a year. Still feeling unsasified with that loss I went from 210 to my current weight. I'm going to be totally honest I lost my weight by starving myself and doing execisive amounts of cardio sometimes 2+ hours. People say I look good and that I don't need lose anymore weight but I still have lots of fat on my belly and chest. I'm what u would call skinny fat. I was eating maintence for awhile to reset my metabolism after starving myself . So I was eatingg like 2400 cals. The last 2 and a half months I've been on a cut. Eating 2200 cals on lifting days and 1900~2000 on carxio/off days. I don't do so.much cardio anymore , usually 3-4 times a week for like 20-30 mins. I've also been eating real clean. My question is why aren't losing fat? Should I be cutting or bulking? Why am I not seeing much fat loss in the last 2.5 months. My lifts are going up and I feel stronger and have more energy but I still have excess fat . Any help/advice is greatly appreciated

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

Edit: Also, can you make your diary public?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Could be loose skin from dropping over 100 lbs.
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Could be loose skin from dropping over 100 lbs.

Also this.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    In for guys calling themselves skinnyfat.

Are you following a strength training program? Specifically one that promotes hypertrophy?
  • salcole42
    Options
    5'9
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    You probably should not be cutting or bulking. At this point you want to recomp your body; you're a good weight and just don't like the way you look.

Eat at maintenance and lift heavy with a full-body progressive program like Starting Strength or 5/3/1.
  • salcole42
    Options
    Yes I've following a strength training program for the last 2 and a half months
  • whierd
    Options
    Yes I've following a strength training program for the last 2 and a half months

Ok, good.

Since you were starving yourself, your body utilized some of your skeletal muscle as fuel to make up for the deficit. The first thing you need to do is start eating at or slightly above maintenance for awhile to help your body recover from the damage you have done to it by starving yourself. This will help your body recover some of the muscle that it cannibalized.
  • JannAtBeach
    JannAtBeach Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If it is fat, you need to add more cardio to burn it... If it is skin, I'm not sure what would help...
  • salcole42
    Options
    @ Whierd does that me cutting out cardio and thanks for the advice I will up my cals.
  • whierd
    Options
    @ Whierd does that me cutting out cardio and thanks for the advice I will up my cals.

Not necessarily. Provided that you're not doing a couple hours of cardio per day you are fine. The main thing is to make sure that you are consuming enough calories to cover your cardio burn.
  • whierd
    Options
    If it is fat, you need to add more cardio to burn it... If it is skin, I'm not sure what would help...

You do not need to add more cardio to burn fat.
  • salcole42
    Options
    Ok Thanks
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^NOT this.

What strength program are you doing OP?
  • salcole42
    Options

^NOT this.

What strength program are you doing OP?
    Just a beginner bodybuilding program. MWF all upper body and tuesday,thurs,sat lower body abs,and cardio
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    you are strength training 6x a week?

Look into Starting Strength, AllPros, and Stronglifts....at least to get an idea about progression and info on strength training.

You know, maybe ask SideSteel and Sara in the Eat Train Progress. They might be able to better assess your program and nutrition.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

Read the stickies and fill out the info needed and they'll help you :)
  • salcole42
    Options
    you are strength training 6x a week?

Look into Starting Strength, AllPros, and Stronglifts....at least to get an idea about progression and info on strength training.

You know, maybe ask SideSteel and Sara in the Eat Train Progress. They might be able to better assess your program and nutrition.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

Read the stickies and fill out the info needed and they'll help you :)

Thanks
  • salcole42
    Options

You do not need to add more cardio to burn fat.
    This is my progress first link is end of may
    And 2nd link is recent
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v1on7o&s=5
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mwhtf9&s=5