Sweet Cravings

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm about 3 weeks into my weight loss journey and I'm finding myself having late night cravings for sweets. What are some healthy sweets that you eat to help calm that crave monster? :tongue:

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I get a big ole spoonful of nutella. 200 cals per 2, yeah I'll take it.

Skinny cow products are pretty good too.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, cupcakes or strawberries with cool whip. Depends on how many calories I have.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    For me, yogurt does the trick!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't exactly the "healthiest" option, but it's a dessert and will sure satisfy an urge to binge on sweets!
    Recently I discovered Arctic Zero, a pint of "frozen dessert" labeled only 150 calories. There has been controversy over that number though being off, so I usually log it as 250 calories just in case, but still, for a pint of ice cream that isn't too bad! Especially considering it's pretty filling ;)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I get a big ole spoonful of nutella. 200 cals per 2, yeah I'll take it.

Yep!! This, 100%
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    twix
  • Seemill
    Seemill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Quaker Caramel Rice Cakes: 50 Calories
    Special K Pastry Crisps (2),Strawberry. Blueberry or Chocolate: 100 Calories

Both have been great for me!
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cut up an apple, sprinkle on some cinnamon and a tiny bit of sugar and put in the microwave for 90 seconds. YUM and i'm never a fan of satisfying a sugar craving with processed sugar crap, just makes you crave more sugar crap. If you need something sweet fruit has the fiber and the mass to fill you up.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Cut up an apple, sprinkle on some cinnamon and a tiny bit of sugar and put in the microwave for 90 seconds. YUM and i'm never a fan of satisfying a sugar craving with processed sugar crap, just makes you crave more sugar crap. If you need something sweet fruit has the fiber and the mass to fill you up.

I've done this many, many times, and kind of forgot!! May have to get it going tomorrow (snack is planned for the day lol) .. thanks!

The way I make it:
    Slice an apple up, put it in a bowl. Throw in 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and mix. Microwave for a minute or 2, when it comes out, top with 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter! Yum!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    During the summer it is watermelon, I just can't get enough of it.

Apples - cut up with either peanut butter or nutella.

If I have enough calories left at the end of the day - Ice Cream.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you have budget in your calories you can have whatever you want. I prefer Breyers carb control ice cream, almonds, or dark chocolate covered almonds. If you are over your calories for the day chew on some ice cubes. Its not as satisfying but it can help if its just a boredom craving and not your body signaling it needs something.
  • t_windom
    t_windom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today I had apples and natural super crunchy peanut butter.. I was really satisfying. I also found that 1 cup of popcorn and about 20 M&M's isn't bad either.
    Thanks all for your suggestions! I think I may try a few.:wink:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine told me last week that he likes partially thawed frozen fruit. He said once he started eating it, his cravings for ice cream and other sweets virtually disappeared. I met him when he was a trainer at my gym, and he is a fairly clean eater.