45 down

Options
Joined MFP about a year and a half ago, co-workers were talking about it one day at work. A couple months in and I broke my toe. Quit. Healed up, got back from vacation and decided if I don't do it now, I'm never going to do it. My goal wasn't to be skinny, I wanted to be fit and strong. I would love to be long and lean, but my reality is I'm 5' 5" and I have broad shoulders and strong (tree trunk) legs. I'm okay with it, really. :smile: So a year later I'm 45 pounds lighter and the strongest I've been in my life. My cholesterol is the best it's ever been and my doctor was shocked to learn my triglycerides dropped over 30%-without meds. I signed up for Tough Mudder in March, it's now a month away. I can do monkey bars, push ups, run, jump, and my kids can hug me around my waist. :happy: Here is a pic from a year ago-down 5 pounds. The other pic is from June of this year-down 40 pounds. I'm now down 45. We'll see where this round of P90X takes me, but I'm happy where I'm at. *insert happy dance here*

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y462/srkb74/weight loss/DSCN2800_zpsc9642e4d.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y462/srkb74/weight loss/DSCN3573_zps1bde725c.jpg

Replies

• norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    nice job!
  • grider055
    Options
  • sarashiveley
    sarashiveley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i cant see your pics but i hear you on the wanting to be long and lean but im short and i have STRONG tree trunks! lol no matter how much i workout or do with weights i will always have them! :) Super happy for you!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Nice! I have the same build as you, so it's nice to see what I could possibly look like in the future. =P

You look great! ^_^
  • yoyoma3
    yoyoma3 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks, everyone.
  • Madele1ne
    Madele1ne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • yoyoma3
    yoyoma3 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks! If you copy and paste the links you should be able to see the pics. :) Here I thought I was the only one with tree trunks. :wink:
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!