Asics Shoes Worn

Options
I've logged around 190 Miles (300km) and they are worn through on the inside heel. I have to wear a band aid to avoid the rubbing. I've read a lot of forums that say Asics do this all the time? I would have thought that since i hadn't even done 200 miles yet they shouldn't be anywhere near worn out. I was fitted for these shoes at a professional shop too. Any advice?

IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1592.jpg

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    *shrugs* all shoes do this, I like (but don't looooove) my Asics.

I would guess it depends on how much you pronate, how you strike etc. None of them last as long as I think they should.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    While asics are ok they are not the most durable of athletic shoes. My daughter liked hers too but they didn't wear well. You may just have to switch to a pricier brand. My brother is a runner and he likes Saucony. They aren't necessarily top of the heap either and not as easily available near me but that may be an alternative. Wish you well.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Well, its obvious you are a right heel striker. Do you notice your right heel landing on the pavement? You might want to consult a professional on running form. I think your suppose to land on your front foot softly rather than strike heel.

Now if your walker, I think its okay to land on your heels.

Do you need a Band-Aid for both heels? That is concerning. It appears your foot is sliding back and forth. Go back to the running store that fitted your shoes. They might give you some other tips such as tying your shoe laces a certain way (ie. runner's laces.)
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    One more question...do you have inserts?
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that issue with my Asics and I've had 3 pairs of them. I usually get about 300 km out of my shoes, but I run on rough trails and it's usually the grip that goes first (not surprisingly!). I run in Asics GT3000 now because of the support I need. When I was heavier I needed the Asics Kayano (sp?) shoes because of my level of pronation. Gait changes as you lose weight too.

Re the rubbing on the inside...gotta be something to do with your socks or the tightness of your shoes or something. I've never had that happen to me. *shrugs*

Either way, you're up for some new shoes.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yup, my Asics Gel Nimbus have holes like that. But they are the most comfortable for me and I will continue to buy them. My wallet hates me, as that means I need a new pair every 3 months!
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Well, its obvious you are a right heel striker. Do you notice your right heel landing on the pavement? You might want to consult a professional on running form. I think your suppose to land on your front foot softly rather than strike heel.

Now if your walker, I think its okay to land on your heels.

Do you need a Band-Aid for both heels? That is concerning. It appears your foot is sliding back and forth. Go back to the running store that fitted your shoes. They might give you some other tips such as tying your shoe laces a certain way (ie. runner's laces.)

I didn't even notice the heel striking until i checked out the bottom of my shoes! I thought i ran on my toes.
    This is just on one heel the other shoe is intact on the inside.

I will go back and see what they say. Maybe my running style has changed?
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    One more question...do you have inserts?

Nope no inserts.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The running shoe industry is pathetic. There is material that will give good service and durability, but what is in it for the shoe manufacturer to deliver a quality product?

Today there are many products on the market that are designed to fail within a certain period of time, a marketing tool known as “planned” or “forced obsolescence”. Basically, planned obsolescence ensures that a product will fail or have to be replaced within a certain time frame. Classic examples of forced obsolescence include the light bulb, nylon stockings, and even the automobile.--http://www.examiner.com/article/planned-obsolescence-ensuring-that-consumer-goods-fail-a-timely-manner

I just bought Xero Shoes (huarache sandals ) for around $37.00 including shipping, and are guaranteed for 5000 miles. If the manufactures would use this type of material the shoes would be bulletproof.

Im tired of the shoe industry raping me and if the huaraches dont do it for me I will start running barefoot.