*HELP PLEASE*

Options
babellah
babellah Posts: 21 Member
I am attending my son's Boy Scout Court of Honor, I need to bring a dessert. The problem is I need a healthy recipe that can go a long way. I would really appreciate it so I know I will have a healthy choice. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I found a lite brownie recipe from Cooking Light -- march 2008 issue. You can find it through google. Delicious, low in cals and if you cut them in small squares, they'll go a long way. Or layer angel food cake, macerated strawberries and light Cool Whip.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    soda cake. 1 cake mix any flavor and 1 can diet soda. no eggs or oil. bake a few minutes less than normal. cool and top with fat free cool whip. if you are making a dark cake use a dark diet soda. if you are using a.light mix, use a light diet. or get funky and use whatever the hell ya want. cant go wrong and they are yum :-)~o
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have brought cheese and crackers to 3 different scouting banquets and there is never any left over. Also people will chow down grapes, strawberries, etc. There is always a surplus of cookies, cakes, etc. good luck and let us know what you came up with!
  • simply_meggie
    simply_meggie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been making this one for years and it literally vanishes within a day at our house. Angel food cake and crushed pineapples. Make sure to use the pineapple in its own juices. You could even make cupcakes out of it. Typical angel food cake is about 72 calories a slice, so I would say with the pineapples that it would probably still be well under 100 calories per slice. Here's the information about it, though the calorie counts seem off for the non-cupcake measurements:

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/recipes/pineapple-angel-food-cake
  • babellah
    Options
    I think I will take cheese and crackers definitely and then throw a dessert together. They set up a potluck and a sign up sheet to make sure we don't over do it in desserts. :) Thanks ladies I am going to look into each of these and see what I can come up with :happy:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    fruit kebab?

using cheaper fruit apples, a pineapple, grapes etc and chuck a couple of mashmellows on them...could be time consuming though
  • babellah
    Options
    I think fruit kabobs would be a fun thing to do too. It's not for two weeks so I have time, I am just planning ahead of time :)
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    http://www.emilybites.com/2013/01/dark-chocolate-orange-cupcakes.html

They are yummalicious, I used regular choco cake and cocoa rather than dark. I also only used 2/3 of the icing so they come out probably around 100 cals each.
  • babellah
    Options
    mmmm yummy thanks :) will defin. look into these!
  • awfuldaring
    awfuldaring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat crepes, waffles, or even tortilla wraps, made with sliced fresh fruit like strawberries, bananas, and apples, peanut butter, nutella, honey, granola, and raisins?
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    http://www.isavea2z.com/no-bake-watermelon-cake-recipe/

Made with fresh watermelon you cut the peeling off the entire watermelon add whipped cream, raspberries, blueberries and almond slivers.

No Bake Watermelon Cake Recipe

Print
    Prep time
    10 mins
    Total time
    10 mins

Here’s the best Healthy No Bake Cake you will ever taste! Introducing the No Bake Watermelon cake made with whip cream and fruit! Easy to make and yummy to consume!
    Author: Jennifer www.iSaveA2Z.com
    Recipe type: Dessert
    Serves: 12
    Ingredients
    Whipped cream or Coconut Whipped cream (Paleo Version)
    1 Large Watermelon cut in a circle like a cake (see photo above)
    Blueberries
    Raspberries
    Almonds
    Instructions
    Cut your watermelon based on the photo tutorial in the post.
    Pat the watermelon down with wipes to dry it.
    Frost it with whipped cream
    Add Almonds to the side
    Decorate the top with fresh fruit of your choice. I like raspberries and blueberries.

Read more: http://www.isavea2z.com/no-bake-watermelon-cake-recipe/#ixzz2bjKCqTL8
  • jewel22887
    Options
    Since I have been watching what I eat more i have been bringing just fresh fruit cut up to all the events I attend and I NEVER have anything to bring home. No sugar no nothing just cut up some strawberries or watermelon and throw it in a bowl. I never mix my fruits because I am weird and don't like it but i may take a few different little bowls if I want variety.