Comic book readers?

Options
m00tmike
m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
I've gotten back in to comic books lately and I'd love to find some fellow nerds out there.

I was always Marvel growing up but I've recently started expanding into DC and a few independent companies. I absolutely LOVE Power Girl. And not for the obvious reasons. The art is great but the writing is so funny. I've caught myself laughing out loud a few times.

What do you read and what do you recommend?

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I recommend joing the Geek Squid group.
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    How do I do that?
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    The Walking Dead (don't even worry if you like/dislike the show, the books are completely different and a awesome storyy
    Any zombie comics are pretty awesome.

I just always reach for horror comic books:-)
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love the DC comics.
    I'm a Nightwing fan. And the stories of the 52 series can be rather confusing to follow with them tying all together, but greatly entertaining. Especially with the latest Joker plot...and what followed A death in the family. Those parts were very well thought out.
    I tend to follow the Nightwing 52 series mainly, but am unable to get the latest comics since June. Comic book store road around it were under construction.

I do dig up the older ones at time of the Outsiders, Nightwing and such at times. I do like the Supergirl series, but do not follow the 52 series they started for her stories.

I will admit, sometimes DC can make things so confusing with the plot of someone coming back from the dead like recent Bruce Wayne/Batman only like two years ago. At least they were able to explain it of course and I am happy to see Grayson back as Nightwing.

Ok, enough nerd talk from me.
  • vilose
    vilose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Huge Marvel fan. Currently in love with Coipel's X-men and All New X-men.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Civil War and Secret Invasion are a Marvel must. Darkest Night and Flashpoint are DC delights!
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    A new but interesting graphic novel is called the Diamond Club....Might not want to google if you're at work. But still very good for geeks.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    A new but interesting graphic novel is called the Diamond Club....Might not want to google if you're at work. But still very good for geeks.

Didn't the writer for this comic invent FCBD???