Fast Food Addiction! HELP!

Options
I seriously need to stop this. Its like I forget how terrible and bad it is for me until AFTER I eat it! I eat out wayyyy to much! Looking for support on this and anybody else who might be working on not eating out at fast food places so much!

I figured if I could find somebody doing the same thing/going through the same thing, it would be easier to help me kick the habit:smile: !

Replies

• aurelieslc
    Options
    Hi there!

What helps me the most is planning out the week so that I can grocery shop accordingly. There are lots of delicous meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less, which when you think about it, getting out to your car, driving and standing in line or at the drive through really takes about that much time. If you like veggies, snack on carrots / bell peppers as you make dinner.

My hubby LOVES fast food and tonight he went to get ColdStone Ice cream, which is really yummy... but I knew that it wasn't worth it for what I'm trying to accomplish right now. If a burger is 800 calories and I know that means an hour and a half on the treadmill, the trade off isn't good enough for me.

May not work for everyone, but it does for me... hope it helps a little.

Hang in there! You can do it! :)
  • shelbz09
    shelbz09 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hey!
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! I really appreciate that and need that today! :) Thank you!
  • ndowns22
    ndowns22 Posts: 20
    Options
    Would love to help work on a clean eating meal plan for you! Once you cut it out and start eating healthier, you won't crave it....promise!!
  • shelbz09
    shelbz09 Posts: 115
    Options
    That would be awesome!! I just need to get on the right track! I went and bought some healthy food this evening!
  • DanJr1
    DanJr1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Used to eat out every day.... Found that not snacking and eating 2-3 large meals a day (I personally stick with just lunch and dinner) helped keep me away from the need for fast food, usually fueled by hunger and no quick way to get food..... With just eating 2 large meals its easy to count your calories and frees up much of the day from even thinking about food which further fueled the old habit.

That and get used to drinking a ton of water... Odd how easy it is to confuse hunger with thirst... Once you get in the swing of things its pretty easy to maintain also...

Also this has worked not only for myself but my wife and mother-in-law... All of us have held up 1.5-2lbs/week for the last 5 weeks.... Not saying jump on the IF bandwagon but a great book to read, even if for information purposes only, is Eat-Stop-Eat by Brad Pilon. Horribly title IMO but good book either way...