*CLOSED GROUP* Lose a pound a week in August WEEK 2!

Options
Hi Folks,

Unfortunately, "closed groups" are not permitted on the Main Forums of MyFitnessPal per Guideline 15 at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines . In brief, posts in the Main Forums must be welcome to all who wish to participate.

Groups and Challenges should be hosted in our Groups area at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups

I will message the OP and request that a Group be created there, where your challenge can thrive.

Best of luck losing a pound a week in August!

Steven
MyFitnessPal Staff

Hello originals and newbies! Welcome to week two of our lose a pound a week in August challenge! You've all done so well this week, so let's get to the stats!

DYJQcov.png

Here are this weeks award winners DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

JkOzKst.gif

Biggest Losers (highest percentage of body weight lost): Shelby and Paola!

ZaIyq.gif

Most Pounds Lost: Karen!

MTXzH.gif

Social Butterfly (most posts in the forum): Shari!

WxwzX.gif

Other Achievements of Note:

Shelby is in ONE-derland! Welcome Shelby and awesome work!

Karen is in the 200s! Congrats Karen! Great job!

Now, for week two mini challenges!!!

Food Challenge: Find one food that is making you go over your calories and research a lower calorie substitute. Find it, buy it, and use it all week! My example is I love my cereal with milk but even skim milk was adding unwanted calories. I switched to Almond milk and while I don't like it by itself (I still turn to milk if I want a glass), the almond milk does the trick in cereal and brings my calorie count way down! If you find a substitute you like, please share it with the group!

Exercise Challenge: It's hot out (at least where I am) so it's hard to motivate myself to get outside to run or walk. Have a Netflix account? Search for workout videos and sub one or two in for your workouts this week! If you don't have Netflix, look on youtube! If you find a good one, post it here so we can all try it out!

Motivation Challenge: Post here, on this message board, at least once in the next week to comment on someone else's progress and give them a pat on the back for their hard work. We're all battling to lose weight, we need all the encouragement we can get!

Let's see who will win those awards this week! Will anyone steal the biggest loser titles? Or will Shelby and Paola hold on for one more week! How about that social butterfly? Who can frequent the thread the most? Can't wait to see!

<3 Sara <3

Replies

• kare5625
    kare5625 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Way to go everybody. The number are looking great. I am hoping to go bak to curves starting on Monday. I know if I have any questions I can ask anybody on here.

Karen
  • lovelyloola
    lovelyloola Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the winners. I hate a water weight week.
  • 125by125
    125by125 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Karen - Can't wait to hear about curves! I'll hold you to it, you said you'd be there on Monday! :-)

Cindy - This is the beginning of a brand new week! You got this! Start fresh and get it done!!
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oh, oh, oh! The food challenge! I've got one I'm excited to try.
    I love sushi, California Rolls specifically. For those not familiar with the California Roll it is a sheet of seaweed (Nori) wrapped around a layer of rice, filled with Imitation crab meat, avocado, and cucumbers. I have been eating low carb, so I have not had a California Roll in months! To reduce the calories and carbs, I need to find a way to make this without rice, and without the imitation crab (which is surprisingly high in carbs).
    My plan - use lump crab meat and mix it with the avocado (kind of like mayonnaise in chicken salad) and spread it in a thin layer over the Nori. Then add julienne sliced cucumbers and roll it up. It will not be exactly a California Roll, but it should have the flavors I am looking for.
    I'm going shopping tomorrow and will buy the crab. I'll attempt to make this for lunch and report back if it turns out.
    I'm very excited to try this!!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    you and me both!
    I battle water weight gain wk to wk depending on what it is I eat
    I automatically gain water weight if I eat too much sweets or carbs
    So, I TRY to tone it down ya Im trying :)
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sucks I didn't make the list booo hooo :)
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Sucks I didn't make the list booo hooo :)

Congrats to everyone that made the list and who didn't make the list though :) We are all winners anyway :)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you should be under "GROUPS" not under the regular threads. Closing to the rest of us is rude.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Hello originals and newbies! Welcome to week two of our lose a pound a week in August challenge! You've all done so well this week, so let's get to the stats!

DYJQcov.png

Here are this weeks award winners DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

JkOzKst.gif

Biggest Losers (highest percentage of body weight lost): Shelby and Paola!

ZaIyq.gif

Most Pounds Lost: Karen!

MTXzH.gif

Social Butterfly (most posts in the forum): Shari!

WxwzX.gif

Other Achievements of Note:

Shelby is in ONE-derland! Welcome Shelby and awesome work!

Karen is in the 200s! Congrats Karen! Great job!

Now, for week two mini challenges!!!

Food Challenge: Find one food that is making you go over your calories and research a lower calorie substitute. Find it, buy it, and use it all week! My example is I love my cereal with milk but even skim milk was adding unwanted calories. I switched to Almond milk and while I don't like it by itself (I still turn to milk if I want a glass), the almond milk does the trick in cereal and brings my calorie count way down! If you find a substitute you like, please share it with the group!

Exercise Challenge: It's hot out (at least where I am) so it's hard to motivate myself to get outside to run or walk. Have a Netflix account? Search for workout videos and sub one or two in for your workouts this week! If you don't have Netflix, look on youtube! If you find a good one, post it here so we can all try it out!

Motivation Challenge: Post here, on this message board, at least once in the next week to comment on someone else's progress and give them a pat on the back for their hard work. We're all battling to lose weight, we need all the encouragement we can get!

Let's see who will win those awards this week! Will anyone steal the biggest loser titles? Or will Shelby and Paola hold on for one more week! How about that social butterfly? Who can frequent the thread the most? Can't wait to see!

<3 Sara <3

OMG !!!!!! wooohooo I just realized I made the list :)

OMG thanks so much :)

So pumped for another week :)

Where will the new thread be :)

Paola :)
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone and congrats to Shelby and Paola amazing.. keep up the good work... struggling this week but I gonna get back on track.. thanks for this challenge

G
  • 125by125
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!

A quick clarification: Week Two is THIS WEEK from yesterday, Thursday 8/8 to this coming Thursday 8/15. To post this week about your attempts at the weekly challenges or just to say hi, simply reply right here, to this thread! This thread will go all week until 8/15 when a new, week three group will pop up and I'll link it here. Hope that helps!

Also, I woke up today and checked on all of you and look what I saw:

CujYs0C.png

Do you see that? EVERY ONE OF YOU in the challenge has logged on in the past day! That's amazing! Keep it up my friends, you're doing wonderfully!

And on a personal note: thank you all for motivating me to get a two pound weight loss this past week. I haven't lost two pounds in a week in forever. And it's because of all of YOU!

<3 Sara <3
  • 125by125
    Options
    Another thing!

I've had a few questions about the squat and crunch challenges. I'm not sure EXACTLY which challenges were floating around but these two were popular results as I searched. So if you're looking for something to supplement your workouts, here's a 30 day squat and a 30 day crunch challenge!

newIJcT.png

yDspc8y.png
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!

A quick clarification: Week Two is THIS WEEK from yesterday, Thursday 8/8 to this coming Thursday 8/15. To post this week about your attempts at the weekly challenges or just to say hi, simply reply right here, to this thread! This thread will go all week until 8/15 when a new, week three group will pop up and I'll link it here. Hope that helps!

Also, I woke up today and checked on all of you and look what I saw:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/CujYs0C.png Yes we are working hard :) We are determined and we will all get there :) Thank you for creating this wonderful challenge :) You truly motivated me even more :) God Bless you all :) Paola :)[/img]

Do you see that? EVERY ONE OF YOU in the challenge has logged on in the past day! That's amazing! Keep it up my friends, you're doing wonderfully!

And on a personal note: thank you all for motivating me to get a two pound weight loss this past week. I haven't lost two pounds in a week in forever. And it's because of all of YOU!

<3 Sara <3
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Sara :)

Congrats on the 2 lbs weight loss :)

WOOOOHOOOOO :)
  • kare5625
    kare5625 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am finally staring to feel better so it is going to good day on Monday at curves. I will let everybody know how I did. If my weight on y ticker changes it is because I weigh in on Mondays. But I don't post it till Thursday
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Great job to everyone and congrats to Shelby and Paola amazing.. keep up the good work... struggling this week but I gonna get back on track.. thanks for this challenge

Thank you :)

Great job for getting back on track :)

G
  • teresa1121
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone . just home from a long day at work gonna wrap up my crunches and squats then snuggle my grand daughter coming to visit tonight best of luck to you all you are doing great
  • teresa1121
    Options
    Happy Sunday to everyone my motivation is my crunch and squat challenge I just finished day 11 .. and wondering if squats ever get easier.. but I am not giving up... gonna be a tough week ... amusement park tomorrow with kids and grandkids my agenda just keep on walking.... gym first before I go... as far as the food change my downfall is bread and pizza any suggestions on substitutes.. best of luck to all of you and thanks for this opportunity I did not want to single out one person so I am giving each and everyone of you a big huge HELL YEAH! PAT ON THE BACK!
  • 125by125
    Options
    Paola - Thanks for the congrats! How's your weekend going?

Teresa - I'm starting the crunch/squat challenges tomorrow. Wish me luck! We'll suffer together! As for a pizza substitute, I've tried this and while it's a bit more effort, it's really tasty and has like no calories: http://www.fitsugar.com/Low-Carb-Cauliflower-Crust-Pizza-Recipe-30739512. The whole pizza has less calories than one slice of dominoes. Try it out!

In-laws were in town this weekend and they are HUGE foodies so every day was about eating and eating and eating. I feel like I am ten pounds heavier. This week I'm ramping up my exercise to hopefully make up for it! My ID is supposed to be ready tomorrow so I can use the local University's fitness center and pool for free so that will help!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!

Sara
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Paola - Thanks for the congrats! How's your weekend going?

Teresa - I'm starting the crunch/squat challenges tomorrow. Wish me luck! We'll suffer together! As for a pizza substitute, I've tried this and while it's a bit more effort, it's really tasty and has like no calories: http://www.fitsugar.com/Low-Carb-Cauliflower-Crust-Pizza-Recipe-30739512. The whole pizza has less calories than one slice of dominoes. Try it out!

In-laws were in town this weekend and they are HUGE foodies so every day was about eating and eating and eating. I feel like I am ten pounds heavier. This week I'm ramping up my exercise to hopefully make up for it! My ID is supposed to be ready tomorrow so I can use the local University's fitness center and pool for free so that will help!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!

Sara

Hey Sara :)

My weekend was great:)

I am focused focused focused :)

I got in a lot more walking this weekend as well :)

I just got over TOM....hoping to get rid of this extra water weight by Thursday's challenge :)

Happy Calorie Tracking day everyone :)

Will update you on Thursday morning with my weight for the weekly challenge :)
This discussion has been closed.