Fitbit

Options
Anyone here using the Fitbit? What do you think? I am thinking about getting one. Thanks

Replies

• MRK9022
    MRK9022 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just got my fitbit flex a week ago, because some of my family members have been using then for about 4 months with great results. So far, the experience is well worth it. I really prefer getting my 10000 steps in (or however many you set your goal at) by being more active during the day, than to sit around all day and then have a long walk waiting for me. It really motivates you to do things like take the stairs rather than the elevator, park further away from the store etc. And the fact that it syncs up with MFP is fantastic! The flex is nice, because its right there in your arm, so you keep seeing it and remembering your goal.
  • jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love my flex. I let it negatively effect my allowed calories, so when I see that I have 250 less calories to eat unless I get moving really helps to motivate me!
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit one & am surprised just how many steps I took in the day even when doing the garden or housework, I especially like the way it links in with MFP without you doing a thing it even links to mr PC & phone without any input from me at all.

Great devices
  • NdigoBlue
    Options
    Have had my fitbit almost a week and I love it!! Its great because it motivates me to get moving. I thought before that I was walking a lot and I saw that I wasn't even getting in 10,00 steps a day! So now I am moving my buns to get it in. It also allows you to have friends and you are ranked against them. A little friendly competition also helps. Also like that it syncs with MFP. Feel free to friend me on both. Im under same name on Fitbit
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since February and I LOVE it! It really helps encourage getting more steps/movement in!! I look forward to taking the stairs now, and I'll even go out of my way to get extra flights of stairs in :) You still have to do the work of moving more, but it's a great motivator!! I feel naked without mine! (which usually the only time I am without it! lol)
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit one!
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a Fitbit too, but there are 2 kinds I've seen - what is the difference and is one better than the other?
  • kmbrown91
    Options
    I have the Flex and I love it! It syncs with my phone and MFP! It is a fantastic motivator. The flex is waterproof and logs your sleep as well! I wear mine all the time even in the shower and while swimming! I also purchased the Fitbit Aria scale it also syncs with my phone and MFP it auto loads my wieght when I step on it along with my fat %! Well worth the money!
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a Fitbit too, but there are 2 kinds I've seen - what is the difference and is one better than the other?
    I think the Flex & One track the same things. The flex is worn on the wrist, the One is about flash-drive size and it clips on you. I wear mine on my bra. The Flex has lights, but no screen, the One has a screen. I think those are the main differences.
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit and like it a lot.. it helps me get moving
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One lover!!

I do quite a bit of walking on the treadmill WHILE WORKING so I was afraid the Flex wouldn't work for me with my hands up on my computer.

The Zip is good too, it just doesn't calculate stairs (which also means more calories burned!) or sleep. So if you don't care about stairs and sleep, the Zip is a great option for the price!
  • ktladie72
    ktladie72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit keeps me accountable add me if you want. //www.fitbit.com/user/26MZM2
  • AdrianeParese
    Options
    How does Fitbit track calories burned? I know the Polar watch uses a heart monitor to know calories burned and also shows calories still burning after a workout. So I am reading about them on Amazon seems like Flex is waterproof but the One is the same just not waterproof.
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How accurate is the calorie burn on the fitbit VS. bodymedia and HRM ?
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit for over three years (started with the original Ultra, now I have the One) ... my 17-year old has the Flex (wrist) and my 14-year old has the One, as do both my parents. We are a Fitbit family *Ü*

I am a Fitbit Fan, and I just did a post on my blog for anyone thinking of getting one ... lots of the graphs and such you'll see IF you decide to get one.

http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html

The Fitbit takes your information (sex, age, height, weight) and will establish your BMR from that (so yes, you would get a "burn" even if you didn't wear the Fitbit or do any activity). Then it takes all your steps, and also takes into consideration time (how many steps per minute) to determine intensity and gives back a calorie reading taking all that into consideration.

How accurate IS body media, or a HRM ... everyone is estimating. I have been quite confident with Fitbit's numbers when I compare them to my machines, a HRM, other online calculators or just common sense. Since I've started tracking my intake, all my numbers seem to be lining about almost perfectly for a slow, steady loss.
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think the Flex & One track the same things. The flex is worn on the wrist, the One is about flash-drive size and it clips on you. I wear mine on my bra. The Flex has lights, but no screen, the One has a screen. I think those are the main differences.

Flex does not log stairs climbed as it has no altimeter built in.
  • Eirene80
    Eirene80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Zip and I loved it! I lost it on vacation 3 months ago and I'm still in mourning. :sad:
  • TinyChestnut
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I love it. It has helped me tremendously :) Worth the price!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one too. Wear it all the time. I try and reach 10K steps every single day, which is pretty hard thing to do since i have a sedentary desk job .