help! i'm not losing

Options
help! its been a little over 2 weeks and I haven't lost anything. I'm way under my calories everyday and am working out 4 to 5 times a week for anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours and still nothing. I don't even want to lose alot just like 7lbs and thought doing this would help but still nothing. Any suggestions?

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's a little hard to tell why. When you say you are eating under your calories, is that your 1200 cal or are you adding in your exercise calories? Are you tracking your sodium as well? Drinking enough water? Getting enough sleep?
  • megamix12
    Options
    Danielle110- "way under my calories" - you probably are not eating enough which in return can cause your metabolism to slow down. Try eating your recommended calories everyday, chances are you will see results !
  • reojames
    Options
    How's your water intake? Plus, if you're not weighing yourself at the same time each day, it's probably just fluid fluctuation. If you keep your calories under your goal, you'll get there. It may just take a little while. Don't give up!
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How far under your calories are you? You might be too far under-- your body will cling to its weight if it is worried that you are in danger of starving.
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I went 6 weeks without losing anything a few months ago, and was very upset... talked to a dietitian, and my Dr...apparently I was eating NOT ENOUGH calories, so I put my body into starvation mode! I have been eating 400-600 more each day and have lost 8lbs in just a few weeks... strange how we have to eat more to lose! This is the opposite of what I was taught when I was younger! I Hope this helps... Also, when we don't eat enough for the amount of calories we burn, we lose muscle mass 1st, which is what you do not want to happen... I have a muscular Dr looking at my food/exercise journal, and he said to eat protein within 30-60mins of a workout, and our body puts this towards muscle :-) Good luck! And don't get frustrated! :flowerforyou:
  • Mamasota
    Options
    My guess is that you have put yourself in starvation mode. EAT!!!!! Get some protien and fill up on fruits and veggies. See Jenn97355's reply - it's right on.
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Try to zig zag your calories. I'm never consistant at all. I go over, under and sometimes right on. I always lose something. I lost the most last week when I wasn't feeling well and only worked out 3 days and I went over on my calories a lot more days than normal. Shake things up a bit. Shock your body and watch the weight loss happen again. Read up on zig zag diets. Just google it.
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    If you starve your body by not eating enough then it will hold on to the fat. It goes into starvation mode and stores the fat. You have to eat to lose weight. 5 small meals a day is best but that is always pretty hard to do. Big breakfast, Semi-Big lunch and small dinners. Throw a few snacks in there as well and workout.
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I went 6 weeks without losing anything a few months ago, and was very upset... talked to a dietitian, and my Dr...apparently I was eating NOT ENOUGH calories, so I put my body into starvation mode! I have been eating 400-600 more each day and have lost 8lbs in just a few weeks... strange how we have to eat more to lose! This is the opposite of what I was taught when I was younger! I Hope this helps... Also, when we don't eat enough for the amount of calories we burn, we lose muscle mass 1st, which is what you do not want to happen... I have a muscular Dr looking at my food/exercise journal, and he said to eat protein within 30-60mins of a workout, and our body puts this towards muscle :-) Good luck! And don't get frustrated! :flowerforyou:

yup! exact same problem here!!! Once I started to eat those calories- even when I wasnt hungry- the weight started to come off steady. 6lbs in the last month.
  • Futbol14
    Futbol14 Posts: 5,302 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, but I think I got a solution for You and as well for me.
    1- Stop thinking of the diet, each time we think about it seems like our bodies react to it.
    2- Don't weight yourself every day or every week. Do it the date that is shown on your guide based on your goal
    3- Drink a lot of water forget about the sodas or the one that is hard for me juice.
    4- Remember muscle weight more so it might seem like you haven't loose anything but how does your clothes feel? how do you feel?
    5- Patience
    6- More Patience think of a change of a Lifetime and everything that is new to someone is hard while learning, after that will be a piece of cake.
    7- Learn to eat food that is easier to diget according to your Blood type and remember each body system is different, at least for me it take forever to loose. But when I met my husband I used to weight 300lb. Lost only God knows how to 250 gone up from 250- 257 and down again, but not able to loose to my ideal weight and it had been almost 8 years since that.
    8- Again Patience
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I agree with this!!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I eat 1,200 calories a day - I make sure I eat the calories I am supposed to. I also work out for 40 minutes a day. I actually went to my doctor. Guess what she told me? "You're in your late 30s now. It's going to take a lot more time than it did in your 20s. The key is to remember that you are no longer GAINING, and that you are losing something." I've been doing this for about a month, and I've only lost four pounds. I used to just drop weight when I was younger.

It is frustrating. You might want to check in with your doctor. Get a physical . Maybe they can check your thyroid. I would wonder about an underlying health issue. Also, are you eating all your calories at once (maybe saving them up for dinner, so you can have a big dinner)? I tend to do that, and I think that might also be part of my problem. I don't care though. I love dinner. :)
  • danielle110
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I have been researching for years, and have a few Dr's helping me with advice!!:bigsmile: I love these forums...so much encouragement and advice! I also love getting on here when I am having a "bad" day, and seeing that I am not alone in my struggles. I am very happy and honored I can be a help to other people. Good luck on all OUR weight-loss journeys and LIFESTYLE changes:flowerforyou: See you around MFP!!:heart:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I totally agree with Jenn - very well said! I eat a lot of protein each day and always eat well over the 1200 mark as you NEED to eat back those exercise calories xxx