help!!!

Options
I am new to this sight and I have a lot of weight to lose. I am trying to keep track of my calories on a daily basis. I find that the
hard time for me is when I get home from work until I go to bed.
any suggestions on this issue.
Thanks

Replies

• mjgriff44
    Options
    Thats always been my hardest time to.....I find that if I keep busy after I get home, up until dinner, i will not snack. Then after dinner I drink a large water...it will also help if you walk after dinner!! Wanna be friends?
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Fill a large water bottle and keep that around. When you think of reaching for food, reach for the water bottle. I always add a little lemon juice to it so I feel like I'm having a little something extra.

Pre-log you evening. Plan it all out ahead of time, like before you leave work, so that you know what to snack on and what to eat.

Choose healthy snack options like carrots sticks and hummus (Yum!), popcorn lightly salted, frozen grapes or a handful of almonds.

Plan a walk around the neighborhood. Just get out and move, enjoy the fresh air and invite a friend to talk to while you walk!

Hope these are helpfu,

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Make sure your eating 3/4 of your daily calories from the time you wake up to dinner then that little left for then.Also whole grain fruits veggies low fat dairy lean meats. Nothing out of a box nothing processed and no POP diet or regular
  • KristinaW
    Options
    You should buy a notebook to keep with you and write in when your away from home. Also It helps if instead of buying your lunch you take your lunch instead. the Lean Cuisine meals are really taste, and there are lots of protein bars out there you can eat for only 90 cal each.
    and if being at home is the hardest point, try not being home. After work go for a walk until it is time to fix dinner. If you have kids take them with you to add some excitement to the walk. ^^
    that way by walking you are burning calories which makes it easier to stay within your daily calorie goal.
  • DEBBIEB1959
    Options
    Thanks so much for your advice. I will try these. This is very hard.
  • elloradannon
    Options
    I have the same issues.... that is the time frame that is BY FAR the hardest for me. One thing that helps me is to take a fairly large snack with me to eat on the car ride home for work so I'm not starving when I get home. I always snack while I'm cooking dinner, but I try to just eat nuts or granola. I try to refrain from eating after dinner (no food after 6) but that's hard. Turning off the kitchen lights at night really helps me- KITCHEN CLOSED! I've even put a sign on my fridge before saying "No eating allowed after 6 pm". or "Are you REALLY hungry?" That helps and is kind of comical for me. It makes me really think about it before making the decision to snack. Easier said than done though! Good luck!
  • mroberson357
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site and after one week I have dropped four pounds ....I think it is great .... I never realized how much food you can have without the calories ....I have changed my lifestyle no more soda and almost no sugar ( soon it will be none). I hope everyone reaches their goal . Good luck and weightloss for all
  • duckie33
    duckie33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your advice. I will try these. This is very hard.
    All these ideas are awesome. At some point I use them all! Planning what your going to eat especially your healthy snacks in advance really works for me. It may seem hard but I know you can do it! :o)
  • duckie33
    duckie33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site and after one week I have dropped four pounds ....I think it is great .... I never realized how much food you can have without the calories ....I have changed my lifestyle no more soda and almost no sugar ( soon it will be none). I hope everyone reaches their goal . Good luck and weightloss for all
    That's awesome...keep up the great loss!
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I find the best way to stay focused is to have a game plan. A to-do list can is so helpful. Before you leave work, plan out what you need to do the get it done!:)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

Awesome job on the no sugar and no soda!
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    My wife is the only sugar I need in my life....but an occasional beer ...now thats a different story!!! lol