When I finally decided enough is enough

Options
I have had a weight problem all my life. I was the kid who had to shop in the husky section during elementary school. Multiple times in my life I have tried to lose weight but nothing seemed to work long term. I'd do well for a while then hit a wall and plateau for months before finally giving up and thinking I was always going to be heavy. It didn't help by having a failed long-term relationship and a serious bout of depression. A month ago I decided enough was enough and I not only need but want to do something about it. After speakng with my doctor, he wrote me a presciption for Phentermine. I fully understood it was not going to be a cure-all medication and that I needed to also start putting in work. I found MYP, started tracking everything I ate, got my butt back into the gym at least 3 days a week and kept the midset of I am doing this for me. To my amazement after one month I am down 17 lbs. It is a small accomplishment but worth a little bit of a celebration. I am finally comfortable with the lifestyle change I have made. I still have a ways to go to meet my goal of at least 50 total lbs lost but I am noticing each day it gets easier and easier as the habit starts to form.

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your new way of thinking, and for the weight you have lost so far. Your attitude sounds very similiar to mine. I just decided that it was time to be healthy, and I am doing it! And for the first time, I am comfortable with the way I am doing it and expect this to be a lifelong way of life!
  • rkasper22
    rkasper22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    no it's not a small accomplishment, it's huge! i know what a demon depression is, and to stand up and face it? incredible. prayers for your journey to healing your heart, mind, and body!
  • PTIdgie
    PTIdgie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Keep Up the Good Work! A couple of years ago I decided to rid myself of the "this is a chore" mindset and started viewing my new, healthy way of eating and working out as "I owe this to myself". Everything changed for me after that. Life is Good! :-)
    Sincerely,
    Laurie
  • United68377
    United68377 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. I also felt like enough was enough and decided to do something about my weight. I gained back some of the weight I lost and now I'm trying to lose again. However, since I view it as a lifestyle change I'm not worried about the weight I gained. I'm going to take it one day at a time until I lose the weight I want to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!