Old skirt - new life

Options
khk2010
khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
When I started this weight loss plan I just wanted to fit into the plus size clothes hanging in my closet that I couldn't fit into. When I started getting too small for the plus sizes I decided to check out some old smaller clothes that I had saved. The "box in the back of the closet" was full of clothes from the last many years going back in sizes to the size I want to become. It's become a huge incentive to pull a few things out and try them on until they fit. I never thought I'd get into more than 1 or 2 sizes down. Well, I just fit into a skirt that I wore about 7 years ago. I shortened it to give it an updated look and am wearing it this morning for a meeting.

I never thought I'd get this far. Thank you MFP for all your support.

Now onto the next skirt!

Replies

• singcoz528
    Options
    You Rock that skirt! Congrats!!!
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Good for you :)
  • otpeds
    otpeds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Now you give away don't box the clothes that are now too big!!! You will never wear them again:happy:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Nice! Very nice indeed!
  • carlita231
    Options
    Gotta love that feeling of being able to fit into clothes that you never thought you would be able to wear again!
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    That is great!!
  • mskrissytina74
    Options
    Thats a great feeling! Wear it proud!
  • bebby
    bebby Posts: 18
    Options
    These sorts of anecdotes are probably the most inspiring for me. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I love that story. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing and good luck on your journey.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i am doing the exact same thing! i have this skirt that i could wear 5 years ago and i looked amazing in it. it i my goal to get back into it!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! That's so awesome! :)
  • ppennington
    Options
    Happy for you! Don't you just love being in a store dressing room with your selections and having to put your clothes back on to go back out to the racks for a SMALLER SIZE! WooHoo, beats a candy bar any day!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I have the mystical "forgotten drawer" where my size 5 to size 7 pants are. Hoping that size 13 won't be my permanent pant size. Good job!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Fantastic stuff xxx
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    awesome:happy:
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!! Unfortunately I got rid of mine.... on the plus side.... I'll need new ones!!!! :wink: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS, I am doing the same thing so far I have gone from a size 24 - a size 18 and they are starting to be too big. I cant wait to get into the next sizes down. You should be proud of yourself, what a great accomplishment. It feels so good......
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!