feeling stuck

Options
is it possible to get fat off of eating watermelon? my grandpa buys 2 watermelons ever week and i usually cut it up and i end up eating 1 by my self it seems.... so is it possible to get fat off of watermelon?

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I think it would all depend on what you are eating with it. You are logging the watermelon and staying at or under your goal right?
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to gain weight or are you concerned that the thing that has basically nothing in it is going to make you fat? If you are looking to gain weight, then I would say no. If you're concerned, I think you're in the wrong forum :)
  • buffyfan22
    Options
    Too much of anything can make you fat. It makes no difference if it's "clean" or not.

Do you eat like a whole one at once? :noway:
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you can gain weight off eating anything. It is still all about calories in vs calories burned. Nothing wrong with eating whatever you want as long as it fits in your daily calorie plan. Good luck!
  • dhilliges2015
    Options
    its cut up and i have like 3 cups of it for every meal bc my mom usually makes things that would sky rocket my calories eaten
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is in the wrong forum section. Gaining Weight is for those on MFP looking to Bulk/Gain Weight.

As for you question - no one food or even one day of eating any food will make you fat. Constantly eating at a calorie surplus is what makes you gain weight.
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Too much of anything can make you fat. It makes no difference if it's "clean" or not.

Hiya there, I think this is pretty much it....To much of anything is bad...It may be under your calorie goal but how much sugar Does it contain? Some fruit is laiden with sugars....My mum used to diet on abundant amounts of grapes, strawberries and all kinds of fruit, now she's still over weight and diabetic.... Just account for your sugar intake, and variety is always good :)
  • dhilliges2015
    Options
    well i AM gaining weight from this im skyrocketing i was at 222 last week now im at 226 now!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Hiya there, I think this is pretty much it....To much of anything is bad...It may be under your calorie goal but how much sugar Does it contain? Some fruit is laiden with sugars....My mum used to diet on abundant amounts of grapes, strawberries and all kinds of fruit, now she's still over weight and diabetic.... Just account for your sugar intake, and variety is always good :)

Fruit does not cause somebody to be overweight or diabetic. Also, unless a personal has a medical condition, there is no reason to monitor sugar intake.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    well i AM gaining weight from this im skyrocketing i was at 222 last week now im at 226 now!

1. Weight fluctuation is normal, especially in females.
    2. A calorie surplus = weight gain (not specific to watermelon)
    3. A calorie deficit = weight loss
    4. Some weeks you may see a gain, some weeks a loss, and other weeks no change at all.

If you continue to gain, it is because you are not eating at a deficit.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Eat as much watermelon as you want.... as long as you log it accurately! I am a serious melon lover and have been known to consume quite a large amount in one sitting. But I always weigh it and log it.
    Theoretically, if you could eat 3,000 calories worth of watermelon in a day, you would gain weight, just like if you ate 3,000 calories worth of anything else. A calorie surplus is a calorie surplus. If you give your body more fuel than it needs, it will store it.
    :smile:
  • megadethkt
    Options
    I'm a vegan/vegatarian & I eat all fruits and veggies only and no one gets fat from eating watermelon. How much of everything else are you eating? Try eating more fruits and veggies and less of other processed foods. I wouldn't blame gaining 4 lbs because of watermelon before you look at everything else your eating.
  • megadethkt
    Options
    Eat as much watermelon as you want.... as long as you log it accurately! I am a serious melon lover and have been known to consume quite a large amount in one sitting. But I always weigh it and log it.
    Theoretically, if you could eat 3,000 calories worth of watermelon in a day, you would gain weight, just like if you ate 3,000 calories worth of anything else. A calorie surplus is a calorie surplus. If you give your body more fuel than it needs, it will store it.
    :smile:

EXACTLY!!!! look at the other items your eating.
  • dhilliges2015
    Options
    i didnt eat much else besides watermelon and now ive lost all that weight and then some im sititng happily at 218 :D and dropping :D