Why change diet, jog, cycle, and lift heavy stuff

Options
markbolch
markbolch Posts: 24 Member
Why would anyone want to change your diet, jog, ride a bicycle when you have a Harley in the garage, sweat like a pig, and lift really heavy stuff until your muscles ache ? Because it works and will change your life. I’m still a work in progress and may always be but at 56 years old I am in the best shape of my life. 132 pounds down from my heaviest. Funny I always thought I was just big boned with a large frame.. Nope I was just a little guy that was way Fat !! I’m finally to a point I don’t care what I weigh and chase Body Fat %. At 20% now I still have a ways to go but I will get there one day at a time. Through the process I have learned a few things but my main regret is waiting so long in my life to start the process. I wasted so many years of my life. It also took me awhile to learn during the process I needed to eat more and lift weights to maintain and increase lean muscle and reduce body fat. It was a leap of faith for me to start eating more but it works.

At one point I was considered to have adult onset diabetes, blood sugar through the roof and taking insulin shots. My cholesterol was high and I was on meds for that and anti-depressants. I am now have excellent lab results with no medication for anything and my head is where it needs to be. Speaking of mental, one of the first things I needed to do was address how I got so fat to begin with. For me Obesity wasn’t the disease. My head being screwed up and my binge eating with food being my comfort thing was the disease. Obesity was the side effect. Getting a check on why I got so big and didn’t care was something I needed to address through my own self assessments. BUT in the end its all good and I am at a happy place. It also took a while for me to not look in the mirror and still see myself as the fat guy. Granted I don’t have a six pack YET and I’m not all that but I can finally look in the mirror and say Damn Dude your lookin good and I feel awesome.

58c49ccf-91c0-4701-a2de-acc44027c198_zps9d1cb5f7.jpg

454c7c3f-3775-4dab-975c-baf8821cc5ae_zps641c141e.jpg

I wasnt at my all time high picture above but seeing it after my friend took it made something click. Dude you are fat !!

85ceee2c-c98a-4c19-ae7c-c6d205f5302e_zpsc23572bd.jpg

getting closer

73aeb105-062d-4159-afeb-f568696b022b_zps06b63635.jpg

ME2_zps51e4f603.jpg

And finally me today

050a994b-4ce0-4a55-b664-e1149130b9c0_zps0acebc9c.jpg

So in the end thats why I changed my diet, jog, cycle, and lift heavy stuff.

edited to fix a pic

Replies

• Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It is these stories that keep me on the forums. Great Job! You have shown it can be done. I just learned a few months ago to quit starving myself, lift more heavy things, and think of the process as a lifestyle!

Great Job!
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!! You look fantastic!
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job and you look absolutely amazing, sir, and at least 10 years younger!
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    you're how old???!! You look great!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look like your younger little brother now! :drinker:
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Damn dude, what an awesome change! My favorite thing about this is how your mind has changed its relationship with your diet. That's priceless.
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wonderful transformation!! You have done your work , and its paid off!! Lift heavy things.. eat good foods.. cant go wrong!
  • markbolch
    markbolch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    now if I can just get the last picture right.. I do better at getting in shape than posting pics.. I though it was resized
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    wow what a difference!!!
  • sr72090
    sr72090 Posts: 14
    Options
    Great work!!
  • Slatzuk
    Slatzuk Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well done, inspirational
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134
    Options
    You look so fit & handsome, way to go!!!!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great results! And totally agree that the body follows the mind!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    amazing work, well done.
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love your story, your dedication, and how you look. You have inspired me, and I'm glad you seem to have it all figured it out now. You look fantastic. God Bless you!!
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    And that's why I will keep going :)

Thank you for being a success and an inspiration to those around you!!

Awesome Effort
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    What a success story. You could be me if you were female. Same issues, same excuses, same age etc. I too am a work in progress and not quite as successful as you are, but I am getting there. Thanks for sharing, this gives me the motivation and kick in the butt I need to keep going. You are an inspiration to us all.
  • shst07
    shst07 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look great and so much younger! Congrats!
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Better late than never, right? You must be so proud of yourself. I don't even know you and I'm proud of you! Congratulations on taking control of your life. Enjoy :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!