Tell me about...

Options
Tell me about one of the best or worst things that has ever happened to you in your current or past relationship...I need some stories while I sip this coffee...yoyoyo Tokyo....:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

For me one of the best things would be simply being proposed to the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with...

For me one of the worst things would simply be when you auditorily process what you just heard..."I wish I never got married"...

People say things then take them back, but there has got to be a fraction of validity to what is spoken out loud, no?

Replies

• capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Worst is when an ex girlfriend never showed up for a date No phone call, no email, no nothing. I couldn't get a hold of her for a week and was getting quite worried. Then she sent an email saying she couldn't see me anymore because God was calling her back to the church. At least I popped my interracial cherry with her.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Worst is when an ex girlfriend never showed up for a date No phone call, no email, no nothing. I couldn't get a hold of her for a week and was getting quite worried. Then she sent an email saying she couldn't see me anymore because God was calling her back to the church. At least I popped my interracial cherry with her.

Is she a Scientologist?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Worst was about 4? years ago when my x-fiance left me because I was no longer taking care of myself. I gained over 100+ and was a complete alcoholic.

The best was the same day, while I didn't realize it at the time, it would eventually save my life.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Worst- mental, emotional, and physical abuse, the last 3 years of my marriage pretty much just sucked.

Best-being told the moment he laid eyes on me, my bf asked himself "who is this angel that has been bestowed upon me."

Yea, yea, super cheesy, but I'm from Wisconsin and love me some cheese.
  • AnakalikaRN
    Options
    Worst- mental, emotional, and physical abuse, the last 3 years of my marriage pretty much just sucked.

Best-being told the moment he laid eyes on me, my bf asked himself "who is this angel that has been bestowed upon me."

Yea, yea, super cheesy, but I'm from Wisconsin and love me some cheese.

Love this best....made me smile :)
  • AnakalikaRN
    Options
    Worst was about 4? years ago when my x-fiance left me because I was no longer taking care of myself. I gained over 100+ and was a complete alcoholic.

The best was the same day, while I didn't realize it at the time, it would eventually save my life.

Bitter Sweet then....Kuddos for your lifestyle change
  • AnakalikaRN
    Options
    Quoted from a dear friend and I have to share, because reading this opens eye...

"First off, I am known to have a sharp tongue and say things I do not mean when I am angry. It is something that is improving immensly with time and growth, but it is a sucky quality I am not proud of.

I think the worst thing I heard from my husband was that he didn't know if we were going to work out. We are an extremely solid couple and I can honestly say only death will part us, but he had hit a point about something that was driving him insane about me. I am an interupter. He felt he could never finish a thought, and he was right. He isn't one to say hurtful things, but sometimes we all hit a wall about things. It was actually really good that he said that because it has helped me a lot with that weakness/fault. He apologized immensly and even to this day feels bad for saying it, but like I said, I understand why he felt that at the time.

It happens. Even to the best and strongest couples out there. These things can be used as a growth tool IMO.

Big hugs. I'm here for you."
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Best: Even though I was in the the Army, I was with my wife when all my children were born!
    Worst: My first son was a full term still born, broke my heart, holding his tiny little form....

10 months later, my second son (third child) was born .... know it sounds a little quick, but he annoused himself two months early....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Worst -- My ex-wife sent two guys over to my apartment to thump me. Pretty good clue we weren't going to work out our differences. Worse news for the gentlemen she sent over. When they kicked the front door down, I was in my bedroom changing out of my Gi, having just come from Kendo. My practice Sword was laying on the bed next to me as I changed. It's made of Rosewood.

Best -- My wife, Jan. Been together for the last 25 years. The best years of my life. My life changed dramatically when she came into it.
  • AnakalikaRN
    Options
    Best: Even though I was in the the Army, I was with my wife when all my children were born!
    Worst: My first son was a full term still born, broke my heart, holding his tiny little form....

10 months later, my second son (third child) was born .... know it sounds a little quick, but he annoused himself two months early....

So sorry for your loss...That is hard. I watched my coworker do that with an 8 month full term. Sounds like you have lots of blessings running around :)
  • AnakalikaRN
    Options
    Worst -- My ex-wife sent two guys over to my apartment to thump me. Pretty good clue we weren't going to work out our differences. Worse news for the gentlemen she sent over. When they kicked the front door down, I was in my bedroom changing out of my Gi, having just come from Kendo. My practice Sword was laying on the bed next to me as I changed. It's made of Rosewood.

Best -- My wife, Jan. Been together for the last 25 years. The best years of my life. My life changed dramatically when she came into it.

You should change your avatar to you and Jan, just sayin'....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<That working for you?

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Best-I had a date tell me once that making me laugh was like winning the lottery.

Worst-I had a guy stop dating me because he said I was too cartoonish. I still don't know what that means.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Worst - In my previous serious relationship, my ex (married, lived together) wouldn't let me eat certain things. He bought food for him and food for me, and I wasn't supposed to have his food (I could have coffee, cereal, salads, crackers, yogurt, anything lower-cal). If I did have some of "his food", he'd tell me I was getting fat and a few times he bought me diet pills. The most horrible thing about the entire situation was that I was already battling an eating disorder, and he was just taking advantage of that to keep me down.

Best - In my current relationship (together almost 2 years now), my boyfriend knows to say and do little things like "you look nice today," "I like that color on you," "your hair is cute when it flips to the side like that," and gets me flowers sometimes, things like that. He knows when I'm in a bad mood and knows what to do to make me feel better, he remembers my birthday, favorite color, favorite meals and desserts, wines... And I'm the same way with him, there's no getting each other down, we just have an awesome thing going.
  • AnakalikaRN
    Options
    <<<<<<<That working for you?

Jan!!
  • HahnTBeth
    HahnTBeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My husband got a new job in a different town, would come home on his days off, then one day I call to see when he's coming home and he tells me he isn't coming home anymore :noway: He walked out on me and our 2-year old son, said he liked not having to be responsible for a wife and child and liked doing what he wanted, when he wanted, with who he wanted. But, now I'm starting over and going to be a better, healthier and stronger person than ever, so joke's on him!!!