Treating yourself

Hello, I'm new here so sorry if this is posted in the wrong area :)

I'm just wondering what everyone here's opinion is on treating oneself? I personally won't deny myself a biscuit or a packet of crisps from day to day, provided that it fits into my 1200 calories and as long as I'm well-behaved for the rest of the day, and I don't have any problem going way over my calorie count if for example, my family take me out for a meal or I'm going for a night out (why does alcohol have so many calories???) as long as I don't do it too often and as long as on the days that I do, I do intense exercise and eat as healthily as possible, no exceptions for a few days before and after. Is this okay? What do you think?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Every day, as long as it fits in my calories. Of course my goal is 1700 calories, so it helps. Most people need more than 1200 calories, especially if they exercise a lot, by the way. I barely burn 330 calories working out every day and been losing fine at 1600-1700 (I'm 35 and 162 lbs).
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    I think if you are staying within your goals and are still successful at meeting your end desired result, then why not! I think the reason why a lot of people do not find success is that they are too strict and limited and then eventually they break. As long as too many treats are not occurring on the daily, go for it and live a little! (also, I have no idea why alcohol has so many calories, but I wish it did not!)
  • twosons08
    twosons08 Posts: 46 Member
    I think this is a very reasonable approach and a good balance of discipline while enjoying life. :-)
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    X1tXrxL.gif

Also, give me all the bacon and eggs you have.
  • MSGeorgiaPeachy
    MSGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 3 Member
    I think what you are doing will allow you to keep loosing weight, stay healthy and enjoy life. That is the goal right?
    I have planned out my meals today to allow myself 210 caries for a desert. I would love to have a recommendation, for a 200 calorie treat. I have not had desert all week and i am ready for one.:flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    I am drinking a bottle of bubbly as we speak.
    yep, THE WHOLE BOTTLE.
    but I spent the WHOLE MORNING, hours doing cardio.
    YUM.
    I love cardio,,,, and bubbly.
    if its pink.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Do it! I am enjoying a delicious gin and slimline tonic right now. Yum!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Definitely treat yourself as long as it fits within your daily goals. For a while when I was on an Oreo kick, I'd set aside enough calories to have 2 at the end of the day. It was more enjoyable doing it that way than destroying a whole package at once when I couldn't resist the cravings anymore. As long as it's within your goals, there's nothing to feel bad about and you won't be hating losing weight since you're still having the things you like.

Good luck!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    You have to live life. And, a life without treats is no life at all. At least for this spoiled girl!!! Where's that chocolate??
  • I have planned out my meals today to allow myself 210 caries for a desert. I would love to have a recommendation, for a 200 calorie treat. I have not had desert all week and i am ready for one.:flowerforyou:

http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html

they are 100 calories each and healthy, but taste soooooo good C:
    this site also has a store locator so you can see if they sell near you.

theres obviously other things on this site that you can pick too. Hope you find this site helpful, good luck!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 674 Member
    I allot two tablespoons of mini chocolate chips everyday! (I sometimes go over that and other times I have other treats as well, but everyday, I have at least my 2 tablespoons of chocolate!) :)