how to determine calories burned?

Options
I have the Rocking Body DVD by Shaun T. I will be doing the Hard Core Abs , which is 10 min. Long. I can't find how many calories that will burn. I tried Googling it but could not find anything specific !

Replies

• bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Best way to determine burned calories is with a heart-rate monitor. Nothing is 100% accurate, but those usually work pretty well.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good way of calculating calories burned without using a HRM?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    You can use "aerobics" in the cardio section here in Exercise.

Every number (including a heart rate monitor) is an estimate. Whatever you use, stick with it - that way you'll know what to adjust when you hit a weight loss plateau. You can use the numbers here - they work fine. I have a HR monitor, but other than it being a fun toy for a couple months, I never use it. Save your $80.
  • stephmclark
    Options
    Thanks!
  • deanconnors3
    deanconnors3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Steph
    I had the same questions, and I know a lot of those charts don't have the exact exercises you may be doing, so I made up a little worksheet that figures out calories expended based on your heart rate and the time exercised. Feel free to use it if you want, link is below. If you decide to use it, you'll see where it says File, then Edit Workbook. If you click on the Edit Workbook, you can either open it in Excel if you have it or edit in with the Excel web app, which will let you use it in your browser. Only enter information in the grey shaded boxes, it'll do everything else for you. All the formulas came from ShapeSense.

http://sdrv.ms/17aDGoV
  • stephmclark
    Options
    thanks deanconnors3 !