What a difference hard work can make =) (w/ pic)

Options
bobbijodmb
bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
I figured I would pass along some tips from my weight loss journey and maybe help someone.

Yesterday I took a spinning class for the first time in two years. I remember the last time I took spinning and it's probably why it took me two years to try it again. When I did it the last time, I weighed at least 100 lbs more than I do today. I remember feeling like I was going to vomit for 30-45 minutes after the class, not being able to move for days and just being in some decent pain. Yesterday I took the class and I could feel that I worked out, but no almost vomiting at the end and today I feel great!

I have noticed lots of other changes in my life- I am way more active than I have ever been- I park the furthest away from a building, take the steps, walk during my lunch breaks and workout 5 days a week (at least).

The most exciting thing is being able to shop wherever I want and not being limited to a few stores. That has been the most fun change so far.

I have not had a surgery. I have not done any crazy diets. Never starved myself, or tried any fad. I started with really small changes, so at the beginning I lost weight at a slower rate. I started with cutting down portion sizes and working out for 10-15 minutes at a time. And these are all changes that I have kept today and keep making. I just make more and more changes over time and workout more. I just burn more calories than I consume. I have friends that want my results but don't want to keep going with it. I let people know, that my changes took time and I have weight to still lose, but that will take time, and I will run into road blocks and hurdles and everything else along the way.

I figured I would share a picture and hope to motivate someone else that changing some eating patterns and adding some workouts can go a long way.

The picture on the left was at my worst (right after a car accident) I was only allowed to work out 10 min a day at a very slow pace. It was October 2008-- and the picture on the right was taken last week at a concert =)

2221f0ee-c7f6-487c-98b2-0508077d01c9.jpg

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! You look great :drinker:
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    great work- you look great!
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! It's true what a difference hard work makes, staying determined to reach your goal, and realizing it took a while to reach the point where you had enough, it will take a while to get back down to a more healthier size. Slow and steady wins the race right.

Keep up the awesome work! Thanks for being an inspiration to others :)
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I've taken spin class 2 times in my life, and was sore for days. Must try it again soon.

Keep working hard. You are looking fabulous!
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Truer words could not have been spoken. I love that you have found something that works for you and are persistant in continuting to work hard to make it work. Stick with it, you look great!

** I really love your hair color too. I've been wanting to get some highlights and that's exactly the color I'm looking for.
  • sr72090
    sr72090 Posts: 14
    Options
    You look fantastic and healthy - most important your mindset sounds healthy! Great job!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Simply Stunning !!!
  • Emmy360
    Emmy360 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Weldone!:flowerforyou:
  • fghtffyrDEMONS
    fghtffyrDEMONS Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful. Be prepared to get addicted to spinning - it hurts so good!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    u look amazing!!!
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look great! And +1 for the Blake shirt :-)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Great job and great dedication! :flowerforyou:
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! You look great, what an inspiration for sure :)
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, very inspirational!
  • smartthinelse
    Options
    Impressive! Keep going! You are an inspiration to all of us.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone =)
  • dduke01
    dduke01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!