It really works!

Options
I'm just starting my weight loss journey. Lost the 1.5 pounds/week that WW always talks about, for 3 weeks. Very happy with myself. Then, last weekend, just could not find good choices to eat, made mistakes, missed my exercise with a sick kid, stayed home with sick kid and ate out of boredom. Frustrated.

Didn't even weigh in yesterday, my weigh-in day. Didn't want to be discouraged.

Then, this morning, I thought I'd go ahead and weigh in.

Down 2.2 more pounds!

That's only 7 total, but for 4 weeks, I'm SUPER happy.

And I totally thank MyFitnessPal.com for all of it. It has been SO helpful not only to watch what I'm eating but to plan meals. (Do you know how many calories, and how much fat, is in the Togo's Taco SALAD? Yeah, that's no longer an option!!!)

I am honestly thrilled. So, so grateful.

Yay for MFP!

Replies

• CeciHarper
    Options
    AWESOME!! Congratulations!!! =D Nice, inspiring story! :flowerforyou:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    That happened to me... I went hard for 2 weeks, than slacked a week and lost 2.5 lbs! I think it's because we've boosted our metabolisms!
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    Congrats!!! :wink: :smile:
  • jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That happened to me... I went hard for 2 weeks, than slacked a week and lost 2.5 lbs! I think it's because we've boosted our metabolisms!

I think you're right--getting the moving in, the water--all that helps! And I might have even made better choices than I would otherwise (got frozen yogurt with my son and stuck with 2 flavors and small amounts).

Love MFP!
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thats wonderful keep up the good work
  • lcolpo
    lcolpo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We all have days, weekends, or weeks like you just had - but we can't beat ourselves up over them. MFP is such a great site to keep you motivated - so if you do miss our workouts, whatever - we still have people cheering us on - when we don't feel like it. Congratulations on your 2.2lbs!
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well done! There are always going to be bumps in the road but the great thing is not to lose your direction. MFP is a wonderful resource to keep you motivated.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congrats on your 2.2.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!