how to prepare for P90X?

Options
My boyfriend and I are both planning on starting P90X sometime in the next couple of months (after we've moved house and things have settled down a bit!). We're both reasonably fit, but haven't done much weight/strength training for a while...

Should we be doing anything to prepare?

What kind of fitness/strength level do you need just to get started?

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I recommend yoga and stretching for the most part.

If you have a pull-up bar, now is a good time to make friends with it, strengthen your grip or whatever. You can give yourself a pull-up challenge (like doing one or two every time you walk by it or use the bathroom).

Joining in a plank or push-up challenge wouldn't be a bad idea either. There are normally a couple going on around here if you look around. Or you can google it and pick whichever one that sounds good.

Oh, another good thing to do before you start is figure out what foods you're going to eat. It's a challenging nutrition plan and it would be good to get a good idea what types of things you're going to want to have in the house and gauge the types of meals you should look forward to making/eating.

Anyway, good luck!
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Resonably fit will work.:wink: Its hard but doable! Make sure you have the right foods. Diet is so important in seeing results.
    Make sure you have adaquate weights I started with 5(rarely used),8,10's and a resistant band with door attachement, since I am not a pull up girl. And just PRESS PLAY EVERYDAY!!! You are going to feel so sore somedays and think there is no way I can possibly workout, trust me...DO IT! The pain magically goes away by end of workout and you feel more accomplished each day. You may suck at the beginning and not be able to do everything but "Do your best and forget the rest" LITERALLY!
    Good luck to you!
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    just jump in head first! thats what i did...and im at 300lbs. i modify where needed but i have been kicking butt. first 30 days i lost 9 inches and next week we find out our 60 day results!
  • Ngolden1
    Ngolden1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What is the nutrition plan like anyway?
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I did a week "primer" right before I jumped in. I basically did the 3 days of weight workouts to see how I could handle them, cardiovascularly, the week before I started.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    1: stock up on Aleve gelcaps.
    2: work on your planks/core work.
    3: work on push ups...everywhere. Just randomly drop and do twenty in the hallway, bedroom, and against the counter in the kitchen.