Calling all tummy and side sleepers!

Options
srslybritt
srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
Hi, guys, I need your help! If you sleep on your stomach/side and DO NOT have neck issues from your pillows, can you please recommend a good, durable pillow for me to invest in? I've tried tons and they always end up falling short of my needs. I'm 5'10" with a somewhat long neck, so I end up sleeping wrong on it more often than not.

I had no idea what board to post this in, so here it is! Suggestions?

*Edited for grammar.

Replies

• Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Go to sleep number store. They can custom fit a pillow. I love mine
  • SergeantG
    Options
    I'm a stomach sleeper all the way....I don't have any advice for you on the pillow front, but I do have to position my pillow in kind of a wierd position for me to be comfortable (the corner of one end under my cheek, the length of it running down my side, arm slung over it...kind of like I'm snuggling with it)...pillow can't be too flat, can't be too fluffy, can't be too hard, can't be too soft...I have 6 king sized pillows on my bed and each night, I have to sort through them all to find the one that will be sufficient for me throughout the night (and by the way, each night is a different pillow):yawn:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I sleep on my stomach but I never use a pillow when I do. But I have a pillow top mattress so it kind of evens out.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the brand or how much it cost, but I used to have a pillow that was shaped specifically for side and stomach sleepers (it was like a regular pillow except it had a little semi-circle carved out where your neck rests). Right now I just have a medium-sized memory foam pillow and it's amazing.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

This.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm a side sleeper and sleep on a tempurpedic pillow. It's not cheap, but it's worth it!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. :) I was thinking about trying the Sleep Number or Tepurpedic pillows but they're spendy. But if I hear enough good things about them I might!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Also got a tempupedic pillow. Well worth the cost!!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i sleep on my side... i just use 2 regular pillows on top of each other to hold my head at a comfortable height.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

This.

agreed
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. :) I was thinking about trying the Sleep Number or Tepurpedic pillows but they're spendy. But if I hear enough good things about them I might!

You spend a lot of time of each day sleeping.. It's worth spending the money on it!!!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I'm a strict side sleeper and all I have is a Walmart pillow no neck issues here.
  • If you havn't tried them already, your local walmart has these pillows that are designed for certain type of sleepers (side,back,stomach,ect.) and they are reasonably priced. Other than that maybe speak to a chiropractor about specialized pillows. My friend orders hers through one and she likes them.
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Tempurpedic pillow. They had a few so I went to a matress store and tried them out until I found the exact one I liked. Well worth the money.
  • KristysGonnaGetFit
    KristysGonnaGetFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a stomach/side sleeper and I just got a Queen size Memory Foam pillow from Menards (home improvement store of all places) on sale, 2 for $30 (normally $50) and my husband and I LOVE them! We also both use body pillows to "cuddle" with as well. Good Luck!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm a tummy sleeper - I use a tri-pillow