Constantly in a call centre..

Options
124»

Replies

• smudgekat
    Options
    I used to worlk in a fundraising call center, I bought a pedometer and started pacing back and forth as far as my head set would reach, this was something a few of us did, you would be amazed how far you can pace on and off in 10hours!!!! Its not the best exersize but beats just sitting there.
  • Fieldyvond
    Options
    Just ignore them... everyone can see they aren't being helpful but they seem to think their opinion is sooooo important anyway.

yes, let's ignore the legitimate points made. people love to do that on this site.

hopefully the OP will return and explain her need to workout at work a bit more.

it's 11:10pm where she is, so she just got out of work.
    Getting nasty and telling someone to work out after work is llegit?? I can't speak for the OP but I've seen plenty similar threads where people ARE working out outside of work (like myself) but would like other ways to stay active during the day. I understand there are a lot of nasty people on these forums who love to give their useless opinion but I'm going to come right back at you and tell you to get the eff over yourselves. I've learned plenty of little tips here and there from other posters here that help keep me awake and moving and less feeling like a lump at the end of the day... it's not a workout at work. I personally get a longer lunch so I can go out and take a walk on some days but I have also looked for ideas on what I can do for say, 5 minutes to get my blood pumping - it's not about burning calories.

Depending on your work environment there are a variety of things people can do during the day to keep moving since so many studies have shown the ill effects that come with a largely sedentary day job.

BUT THANKS to everyone who suggested to just sit around and do as little moving as possible for 8+ - that was super helpful and legit.

hear hear.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You can do what a lot of us do, exercise after work.

I cant because i live with disabled parents and they go to bed early so i very much doubt they would be happy with me jumping about at midnight doing a work out. my nearest gym from my work is 10 miles away & i dont fancy walking there.

I came here looking for proper advice of things i can do in my work. not afterwards.

That is most definitely not the right way to think about what people are trying to say here - they are giving proper advice, just didn't know you had restrictions. Perhaps you should have worded your question differently to avoid the confusion?

That being said, would you be able to do some at-home workouts in the morning if the evening doesn't work? I'm assuming your parents will be awake too. And there has been quite a bit of advice for some stuff to do while at work too!

Positive thinking = positive results. Good luck!
  • Fieldyvond
    Options
    I will REPHRASE for everyone who is finding it difficult to understand why i want to work out at work.
    I wake up every morning at 8.30 am, clean my guinea pigs out, do 1 hour of dance central then get dressed.
    I WALK 20 minutes to a bus stop to get into town for another bus (& before anyone asks no i cant walk all the way because it is way too far and would take me 3 hours, yes ive tried it.)
    I then get off the bus & walk another 20 minutes to get to my work.
    Im always walking up the stairs (4 flights), but i want something to do at my desk that will maybe keep me active & awake. being on the phone for 8 hours really make you tired. sounds stupid but it does.
    I get two 15 minute breaks & a half an hour break.
    I start my work at 2pm. and finish at 11pm.
    Clearer?
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options

my nearest gym from my work is 10 miles away & i dont fancy walking there.

drive?

if you bike there you will cover some good cardio and save some time at the gym... it shouldn't take too long to bike 10 miles...

I'm assuming you don't drive.

I like a good walk in the morning, i don't love working out right after i wake up, but i have always been able to manupluate my schedule to get my exercise in... right now i use my lunch break, but it look a long time to get to a job that i can do that (come back sweaty, break before the noon sun).. before i would go right after work, but in your case i sounds like before would be better.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

I cant because i live with disabled parents and they go to bed early so i very much doubt they would be happy with me jumping about at midnight doing a work out. my nearest gym from my work is 10 miles away & i dont fancy walking there.

I came here looking for proper advice of things i can do in my work. not afterwards.

You do "fancy" walking around the block, several, several times?
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I found this a while back. I work in a call center too and I do these at my desk.

http://fitness.wikia.com/wiki/Ten_Exercises_You_Can_Do_At_Your_Desk
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I will REPHRASE for everyone who is finding it difficult to understand why i want to work out at work.
    I wake up every morning at 8.30 am, clean my guinea pigs out, do 1 hour of dance central then get dressed.
    I WALK 20 minutes to a bus stop to get into town for another bus (& before anyone asks no i cant walk all the way because it is way too far and would take me 3 hours, yes ive tried it.)
    I then get off the bus & walk another 20 minutes to get to my work.
    Im always walking up the stairs (4 flights), but i want something to do at my desk that will maybe keep me active & awake. being on the phone for 8 hours really make you tired. sounds stupid but it does.
    I get two 15 minute breaks & a half an hour break.
    I start my work at 2pm. and finish at 11pm.
    Clearer?

Yes, much :tongue: Your initial post didn't state most of that.

I feel your pain with respect to the sitting 8 hours of the day - I don't work at a call centre, but I do have an office job. I was REALLY surprised at how tired I was just sitting all day rather than being on my feel all day.

Take the suggestions that people have been giving you, and keep as motivated as you can outside of work to burn the calories.

Are you asking for more things to do at work because you've plateaued, or just because sitting all day is extremely boring and you want some good ideas on how to move around more that will help the weight loss?
  • Stephanieloseit
    Stephanieloseit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    24 hour fitness?
  • Fieldyvond
    Options
    Ive got a bike :) but i have a bad cold just now, cycled 5 miles & coughed my head off for hours the other day! I really want to get back on it though :)
  • Fieldyvond
    Options
    Yes, much :tongue: Your initial post didn't state most of that.

I feel your pain with respect to the sitting 8 hours of the day - I don't work at a call centre, but I do have an office job. I was REALLY surprised at how tired I was just sitting all day rather than being on my feel all day.

Take the suggestions that people have been giving you, and keep as motivated as you can outside of work to burn the calories.

Are you asking for more things to do at work because you've plateaued, or just because sitting all day is extremely boring and you want some good ideas on how to move around more that will help the weight loss?

Both really! I dont eat a lot of stuff at my desk, fruit, chicken, green tea & water haha :)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    ...before or after work?

What! That's ridiculous!
    24a.gif
  • Fieldyvond
    Options
    ...before or after work?

What! That's ridiculous!
    24a.gif

just pmed you :P