breakfast ideas

Options
nevergiveup51
nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
Does anyone have ant breakfast ideas I am stuck on the same food egg subs and that's it I usuall don't like to eat carbs in the morning unless it's in fruit or something like that I would love to try yogurt smoothies I have a magic Bullet but never used it. Thanks

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    fry some tomatoes, take em out. Saute some onions, take em out. Whip up some eggs. Add salt, pepper. Fry em but after 2 minutes add the veggies you fried and any other veggies at hand (I like bell peppers). Add some cheese on one side of the egg and turn off the stove and then fold the omelette

You can also add some sausage.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese or greek yoghurt with berries.
    Smoked mackerel or salmon.
    Ham, bacon, grilled suasgae with some tomatoes.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I like making mini smoked salmon quiches in cupcake pans. They're quick and will last you a while. I've never been one for smoothies personally, but I did have one a friend made with almond milk, frozen mixed berries, honey, and some vanilla protein powder that was really nice. I know you said you didn't like carbs, but I guess the only other thing that immediately comes to my mind is zucchini and potato pancakes with some salsa. My husband likes that kind of stuff because it gives him energy to run. Plus he'll put salsa on anything.
  • zv1981
    zv1981 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i usually have yogurt with fresh fruit.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and fresh berries always work and there is such a variety to switch up from !
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    get that magic bullet out and put some fruit and fiber in that bad boy! yogurt, fruit juices, options are endless- if you don't mind drinking your veges you can put spinach, all kinds of things in it (I have never been able to do the drinking veges thing, but I know lots of people do)-- I love to do fruits with yogurt though, throw in just a touch of milk and you have a milk shake-- you can add protein powders, wheatgerm, all kinds of healthy stuff to it
  • bethanrosex
    Options
    greek yoghurt/cottage cheese/egg white omelets
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I like porridge made with skimmed milk/water and made in the microwave. I add strawberries and blueberries a couple of mins from the end and it's yummy!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    No-oatmeal : http://www.paleoplan.com/2011/06-01/no-oat-oatmeal/

I do this in a smaller serving and simplified: 1 egg, half a banana (or some mashed sweet potato), nut butter, splash of almond milk, spices. Mix it up, microwave 30 seconds, stir, microwave, stir, microwave- repeat as necessary. Top with nuts if I've got them.
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I make this almost every day...(well I make at least 3 in advance or at one time and grab 1 in the morning) Love it..fills me up and can make such a variety, or come up with your own. I use a small tupperware type container...I have about 5 of them, but can certainly use the glass jars. I also usually use pure maple syrup for all my 'sweetener' and i only use a teaspoon. Still yummy!

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Mine's kind of odd for breakfast, but I make buckwheat with garlic and onions, and usually drink a small bottle of kefir with it. (I got used to this while living in Ukraine, and it's really filling.)

The buckwheat MUST be from a Russian/Ukrainian food store--or maybe just toasted buckwheat, but I've never found it other than at a Russian/Ukrainian food store. I've tried the buckwheat from my local grocery store and threw it out. The other key is only using 1.5 parts water to 1 part buckwheat. (The bag/recipes usually call for 2-to-1, and that makes it's really soggy in my opinion.)

So I just use a Tbsp of oil at the bottom of the pan, a Tbsp of dried onion flakes, a tsp of dried minced garlic, a chicken bouillon cube, then 2 cups of buckwheat, and 3 cups water. Cover, boil, then simmer on really low for about 20 minutes--breakfast for a week!

Some (maybe most) people would make sweet buckwheat for breakfast instead--I guess in that case, I would just make it with the oil only then add some milk, honey, cinnamon, or whatever before I ate it eat day.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Anything can be eaten for breakfast!
    Greek yogurt, nonfat plain, sweetened with stevia...super low in carbs, high in protein.

Steamed veggies seasoned, add a little cheese.

quiche.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I had french toast waffles this morning.
    Make like you would french toast, but instead of frying it, stick it in a waffle maker. Consistency of a waffle, taste like french toast! Yummy!
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't.
  • ryleemh15
    Options
    I'm vegan so breakfast ideas are pretty limited for me but I LOVE smoothies (I have one everyday for breakfast). The ratio I've found that works the best is 1 cup of liquid (non-dairy milk or OJ or coconut water), 1.5 cups of fruit or vegetables (I use mostely frozen fruit), and 0.5 cups of ice. Another good breakfast if you're looking for a different protein is quinoa cooked with cinnamon to add a little breakfast sweetness. Hope this gives you some new ideas!
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had coconut milk quinoa porridge this morning for the first time (link to recipe below) it was delicious

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2013/04/creamy-quinoa-porridge-with-coconut-milk-and-spices.html
  • Lala_White
    Lala_White Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've become quite fond of fat free greek yogurt (flavor doesn't matter) and I've sometimes added fresh fruit (1/4 cup blueberries..or you could probably use any type of fruit you like) and I've added 1/2 cup of Kashi high protein cereal and I've also added 1/4 cup Kellogs Bran Buds cereal (not at the same time of course) But it is rather tasty. I've also eaten the fat free greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of quick oats. It's something different for breakfast.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    break out of the "breakfast food" for breakfast mold. I like leftovers from last nights dinner: chicken parm, grilled chicken, steak, chinese food. Eat high protein low carb foods you like.

My usual breakfast: vegetarian chicken patty with hard boiled egg or scrambled egg whites, 1/4 avocado all on a bed of lightly sauteed spinach.

But then again I have never liked breakfast foods.
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    most days I have half an advacado, spinach, banana, blueberries & strawberries blended up with water
  • nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas